This portal provides information about chronic illnesses and the chronically ill.
An individual is considered to be chronically ill if he/she is continuously treated with a medication or if he/she has one of the illnesses listed as a Chronic Illness. (For an exact definition see chronic illness)
This portal includes information about various chronic illnesses, as well as specific rights to which the chronically ill are entitled.
Other comprehensive relevant information can also be found in the Health and Illness Portal and the People with Disabilities Portal.
Medications and Nutraceuticals
Chronically Ill Patients with Disability
Information About Chronic Conditions on Kol-Zchut (A-E)
Information About Chronic Conditions on Kol-Zchut (F-Z)
- Familial Dysautonomia (FD)
- Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF)
- Gaucher's Disease
- Heart patients
- Huntington's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Organ donation recipients
- Organ donors following the procedure
- Pompe disease
- Psoriasis (in accordance with criteria appearing here)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
- Rheumatic diseases
- For a listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support to the chronically ill, click here.
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support in various fields, Health and Illness/Aid Organizations.
Laws and Regulations
- The National Health Insurance Law
- Deputy Ministry of Health Director for Health Plan and Additional Health Services Supervision Circular from 01.12.2015 - Defining chronic illness for purposes of establishing a medication payment ceiling for the chronically ill - Update