This portal provides useful information about chronic illness and for those with chronic illness.
- An individual is considered to be chronically ill if they are continuously treated or He/she has one of the on the illness listed as Chronic Illnesses.(For an exact definition see Definition of Chronic Illness page)
This portal includes information about various chronic illnesses, as well as specific rights to which the chronically ill are entitled.
Other comprehensive relevant information can also be found in the Health and Illness Portal and the People with Disabilities Portal.
- Definition of Chronic Illness
- Medication Payment Ceiling for the Chronically Ill
- Payment Ceiling for Medical Foods/Nutraceuticals
- Maintaining Continuity of Care (Principle of Treatment Continuity)
- Coverage of Travel Expenses for Medical Treatment
- Rights Guide for Individuals Caring for an Elderly Family Member or Person With Disabilities
Chronically Ill Patients with Disability
Information About Chronic Conditions on Kol-Zchut (A-E)
Information About Chronic Conditions on Kol-Zchut (F-Z)
- Familial Dysautonomia (FD)
- Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF)
- Gaucher's Disease
- Heart patients
- Huntington's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Organ donation recipients
- Organ donors following the procedure
- Pompe disease
- Psoriasis (in accordance with criteria appearing here)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
- Rheumatic diseases
- For a listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support to the chronically ill, click here.
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support in various fields, click here.
Laws and Regulations
- The National Health Insurance Law
- Deputy Ministry of Health Director for Health Plan and Additional Health Services Supervision Circular from 15.11.2011 - Defining chronic illness for purposes of establishing a medication payment ceiling for the chronically ill - Update