Discount on Bezeq Telephone Fees for People with Disabilities (Right)
From All Rights (Kol-Zchut) (www.kolzchut.org.il)
General Disability Pension
recipients with determined medical disability in the amount of 80% and above are entitled to discounts on Bezeq telephone services
For those eligible, there are a number of different discount plans
To actualize the benefit, one must submit a claim to the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services
Eligibility will start from the date in which the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services contacts Bezeq. One can not receive a retroactive rebate or refund.
- General Disability Pension recipients are entitled to discounts on Bezeq telephone services, according to the conditions stated below:
Who is Eligible?
Installation and Relocation Discounts
- A discount of about 50% off installation fees for a regular telephone line.
- A discount of about 50% off relocation fees for a telephone line.
Monthly Bill Discount
- Until August 2013, a discount of about 40 NIS was granted off the monthly bill for a basic Bezek telephone line.
- As of August 2013, eligible recipients may choose one of the following options:
- Exemption from fixed usage fees, as well as 300 minutes per month to landlines and mobile numbers for 17 NIS per month (after the subsidy).
- Exemption from fixed usage fees, as well as 600 minutes per month to landlines and mobile numbers for 32 NIS per month (after the subsidy).
- Families with more than one eligible recipient may choose one of the two following options:
- Receive the 300 minute plan for free.
- Receive the 600 minute plan for 15 NIS per month (after the subsidy).
- Usage exceeding the minutes provided in the package will be charged at a rate of 18 agurot per minute.
- Eligible recipients who have not previously received the benefit and request to may only join one of the new plans described above.
- Those already receiving the benefit prior to August 2013 may choose to remain with the current plan or switch to one of the new plans (see below for details).
How to Claim It?
- Applicants must fill out a request for a discount, you may download the form directly from the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services website.
- The following must be attached to the form:
- A copy of the applicant's identification card (teudat zehut)
- Documentation from the National Insurance Institute indicating medical disability of 80% or more and a disability pension of 75% or more (both documents are necessary)
- A copy of the last phone bill
- If the property is rented, a valid rental agreement must be attached
- The form and required documentation must be sent to:
- Ms. Ahuva Robas
- Rehabilitation Branch - Ministry of Social Affairs
- PO Box 1260
- Jerusalem 91012
- If necessary, you may call: 02-5085430 Sunday-Wednesday 08:30-12:30.
- The office may also be contacted by fax: 02-5085933, or email: AhuvaR@molsa.gov.il.
- If eligibility is approved, a confirmation will be mailed which must be taken to a Bezeq office in order to receive the discount.
- If the applicant is someone with disabilities living with his/her parents, the child's name must be added to the owners of the phone line.
- The discount is provided from the date the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services contacts Bezeq.
- The discount will be reflected on the phone bill itself.
- It is recommended to review telephone bills to ensure that the discount has been given and continues to be valid.
Switching from the Old Benefit to One of the New Options
- Those currently receiving the old benefit who would like to switch to one of the new plans described above must call the Bezeq call center by dialing 199 from any phone.
- It will be necessary to indicate the phone number of the line currently receiving the benefit and then request to switch to one of the new options.
- The 199 call center hours are:
- Sunday-Thursday 08:00-19:00
- Friday 08:00-14:00
- Those who do not want to switch to one of the new options will continue receiving their current discount.
- The discount begins from the date the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services contacts Bezeq. There is no retroactive reimbursement.