This portal contains information about various rights, services, and benefits provided for cardiac patients.
Heart diseases constitute the second leading cause of death in Israel (after cancer). Among the most common heart diseases are: heart failure (a group of illnesses that includes high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, myocarditis, arrhythmia, and valvular diseases); angina (angina pectoris), which is expressed through shortness of breath and chest pains; heart attack (if there is complete obstruction of the artery carrying blood to the heart); and cardiac arrest (sudden cessation of cardiac functioning).
Cardiac patients are in many cases entitled to social, medical, and financial rights as a result of their medical and health condition.
Evacuation to a Hospital
Rehabilitation and Treatment
- Rehabilitation After a Cardiac Event
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Educational Assistance for People with Disability
- Recovery and Rehabilitation in a Convalescent Home for Heart Patients
- Monitoring and Tracking Heart Rate
- Rehabilitative Exercise for Heart Patients after a Cardiac Event
- Dental Care for Organ/Bone Marrow Transplant and Prosthetic Heart Valve Recipients
- Dental Treatment Under General Anesthesia
- Emotional and Psychological Support for Heart Patients
Discounts on Medical Treatment and Medications
- Health Plan Fee Exemptions for Disability Pension Recipients
- Medication Payment Ceiling for the Chronically Ill - For those suffering from heart failure
Disability as the Result of a Heart Condition
- Disability Pension and Related Benefits
- Work Accidents and Work Injury Victims - instances in which a heart condition was caused during or as the result of work
- Disabled Child Benefit for Children With a Heart Condition
- Disabled Child Benefit and Related Benefits
- Guide for Working Age Adults With an Illness That has Resulted in Disability
- Recognition of heart conditions for Holocaust survivors
Long-Term Care Heart Patients
Rights for Children With a Heart Condition
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support, click here.
Laws & Regulations
- The National Health Insurance Law
- The Patient's Rights Law
- The Free Education for Sick Children Law
- List of laws the Minister of Health is responsible to carry out from the Ministry of Health website
- Medical Administration Memo 54/2006 from 26/12/06 regarding rehabilitation of cardiac patients
- Medical Administration Memo 47/2002 from 10/10/02 regarding rehabilitation services for cardiac patients
- Medical Administration Memo 4/2003 from 02/02/03 regarding rehabilitation services for cardiac patients
- Medical Administration Memo 27/2011 from 11/07/11 regarding institutions for the rehabilitation of cardiac patients - update
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.