Hebrew source: הטבה בחשבון המים למקבלי קצבת נכות (הנחה בתעריף הגבוה)
From All Rights (Kol-Zchut) (www.kolzchut.org.il)
Every resident is entitled to 3.5 cubic meters of water usage per month according to a lower rate, and usage beyond this amount is according to a higher rate
For inquiries, call: 076-5300905
For more information, see the Water Authority website; to view an announcement in English, click on "Ad - A water rate benefit that will be given to select population groups" appearing on the left side of the page
Every resident is entitled to 3.5 cubic meters of water usage per month at a lower rate. Usage beyond this amount is at a higher rate.
- General Disability Pension recipients for whom a General Disability Medical Committee has established medical disability of at least 70%, are entitled to an additional 3.5 cubic meters of water usage per month at the lower rate (meaning the permitted usage at this rate is doubled to 7 cubic meters).
- Due to the fact that the bill is bi-monthly, the total permitted usage at the lower rate (base + benefit) is 14 cubic meters every two months.
- The benefit is valid for residential water usage in the residence in which the eligible recipient lives.
In an apartment where 3 people live, one of the residents is eligible for the benefit. For each two month period, the eligible recipient may use 14 cubic meters of water at the lower rate, while the two other residents may use 7 cubic meters of water at the lower rate. Overall, all of the residents will receive a total of 28 cubic meters of water at the lower rate during each two month period.
Who is Eligible?
- General Disability Pension recipients for whom General Disability of at least 70% has been established.
How to Claim It?
- The National Insurance Institute should notify in writing those eligible to receive the benefit. That eligibility is contingent upon the person eligible transferring details to the Water Authority and water provider in the place where they reside. Details to provide include the identification number of the person entitled, address of residence, and the date on which entitlement commenced.
- Each month, the list of those eligible (who have not refused to transfer their details) will be transmitted to the Water Authority and local suppliers, and the benefit will be given accordingly.
- One can find out if they are on the list of those eligible by checking the water supplier in their place of residence and inserting the identification number of the person eligible.
- One who thinks he/she is eligible, and has not received a letter stating his/her eligibility, or if he/she was told that he/she is not on the list of those eligible, can clarify with the National Insurance Institute call center at *6050.
Transferring the Entitlement
- If one is registered at one address and would like to receive the benefit at another address in the same city, they must fill out and sign a transfer request form with the local water supplier.
- If one is registered at one address and would like to receive the benefit at another address in a different city, they must request so from the supplier in the city of destination. After they have filled out and signed the water request form, the water supplier in their city of destination will contact the original water supplier to remove their name from the eligibility list in that city, in order to complete the process of eligibility.
- When the eligible recipient resides in an institution which receives an amount of water in his name (that is to say that the recipient reports the institution as his/her permanent residence), the institution can claim the benefit on behalf of the recipient, assuming he/she fills out and signs the transfer form for special populations. If the institution is not reported as the permanent residence of the recipient, there will be no transfer of benefit and it will be provided to the documented residence of the person entitled, as it appears in the records of the water supplier.
- You can download many of the relevant forms on the Water Authority Website. (For example see the Water Supplier Transfer Request Form from the Springs of Water Company.)
- Eligibility for this benefit begins from 01.07.2012 or from the time disability was established (the latter of the two dates). The benefit will be given retroactively from the time the person qualified as eligible.
- Those eligible to receive several allowances will only receive one benefit. For further information on eligible populations see the Water and Sewage portal.
- The National Insurance Institute
- The Water Authority
- See also Eligibility to Receive Additional Water at the Lower Rate from the "kol habriut" website of The Ministry of Health.
Laws and Regulations
- Water and Sewage Corporations Regulations (Payment Reduction Criteria and List of Eligible Recipients for Fiscal Year 2014), 5774-2014 - Section 1(a)(2) (on the Nevo website)
- The National Insurance Law