This portal contains information regarding rights, mostly from the institue for social security, of the family members of a work injury victim who had passed away.
The National Insurance Institute will help guide the family, starting from the first days following their loved one's death, providing assistance for burial fees and a grant following decease, through financial grants to be provided at different points in their lives, to funding of vocational rehabilitation for widows and widowers to assist them in earning a living.
Family members of someone who had work injury insurance and died as the result of a work injury, are entitled under certain conditions to receive a dependents' pension to help them with their daily expenses.
If not approved for a dependents' pension, they may be entitled to an equity grant.
Vocational Rehabilitation for Widows and Widowers
- Israel Organization of Work Accidents Disabled Persons and their Widows
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that provide assistance for issues related to employment and workers' rights
In certain cases, a need arose for a work injury victim to take legal steps to claim his/her rights or clarify what those rights were. In this way, legal precedents were created, laws were passed, and legal rulings were provided to help the victims better understand their legal situation vis a vis the employer or the institutions involved in their case.
- Court Ruling: Widows who are recognized as remarried are not entitled to receive benefits as a dependent spouse of one who died in a work accident.
- Court Ruling: Waiters income is considered as income for the calculation of benefits for dependents
Laws & Regulations
- Benefits at institutions and organizations for those with disabilities on The National Insurance Institute website
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.