Those receiving an Old Age Pension with income support are entitled to an exemption from co-payments for a variety of health fund medical services.
List of Services
- Secondary Doctors: Specialty doctors, including psychiatrists that are not primary care doctors (see below) as well as dietitians and podiatrists.
- Primary doctors are general doctors (that are not specialists) and specialty doctors in family medicine, internal medicine, gynecology and pediatrics. There are no co-payments for visits to primary care doctors.
- Out-patient Clinics: Clinics run in the framework of general hospitals (including mental health clinics in general hospitals).
- Imaging institutes: x-rays, ultrasounds, nuclear medicine, CT, echocardiograms, MRI.
- Diagnostic institutes: EEG, EMG, audiometry, ergometry
- Institute for gastroenterology and the institute for sleeping problems
- For a list of medical services see the Ministry of Health website.
- In addition old age pension recipients with income support are also entitled to a discount on the purchase of medications included in the healthcare basket.
Who is Eligible?
How to Claim It?
- Exemption from paying for the specific services should be granted automatically in accordance with the records provided to the health plans from the National Insurance Institute.
- For information and clarifications regarding National Insurance Institute records and benefits, call 02-6462000 on Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 13:00.
- The Ministry of Health
- The Ministry for Social Equality (Senior Citizens)
- The National Insurance Institute
Laws and Regulations
- The National Insurance Law
- The Income Support Law
- The National Health Insurance Law
- The Senior Citizens Law
- Old Age Pension information on the Motke website
- Old Age Pension information on the Human - Golden Age Resource Center website
- Original information on this page was written as part of the Welfare Division, City of Jerusalem's Senior Citizens' Rights Accessibility Project, funded by The Mashov Organization.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.