- Students with special needs in the special education system are entitled to matriculation examination (Bagrut) testing accommodations to afford them equal opportunities when being tested.
- The following accommodations, which do not change the character of the test, are provided in all fields of study:
- 50% time extension
- Expanded choice options (in coordination with the Ministry of Education supervisor responsible for organizing the fields of study)
- Disregarding of spelling mistakes
- Additional accommodations provided according to the specific fields of study include:
- Language: Testing on an examination sheet that is modified for students with learning disabilities
- English: Use of an electronic or computer dictionary
- Mathematics: Use of a calculator and expanded formulas sheet
- Deaf and hearing impaired students are entitled to personal accommodations in addition to those details above, to be determined by the National Supervisor of Education for Students with Hearing Impairment.
Who is Eligible?
How to Claim It?
- The education staff responsible for the student will build a personalized curriculum (TALA) and recommend the optimum didactic and professional types of accommodations for him/her.
- Additionally, the National Supervisor of Education for Students with Hearing Impairment will evaluate the student's functioning capacity and will approve the proposed accommodations and technical support required for the matriculation examination.
Laws and Regulations
- Special Education Division - Letter to special education principals from 05.03.2007: Matriculation examination testing accommodations for students in the special education system
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.