Re-Specs Frames for the Needy provides glasses in exchange for a nominal fee to various eligible populations.
- The service is provided by Re-Specs Frames for the Needy.
- The eyeglasses are distributed across Israel through social services offices, as well as assistance and charitable organizations.
Target audience and Prerequisites
- Families in financial distress - average of less than 2,000 NIS per person.
- Families receiving income support.
- Families recognized by social services as having financial difficulties.
- Families receiving financial assistance, foodstuffs, etc. from assistance and charitable organizations.
- People who are ill and people with disabilities.
- The elderly and Holocaust survivors.
- Victims of hostile acts.
- New Immigrants (Olim) with financial difficulties.
- Lone Soldiers.
How to Receive This Service
- Applicants must present relevant documentation:
- Documentation of receiving a National Insurance Institute benefit.
- Documentation from the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services or an assistance organization (there is a special eligibility form that must be filled out).
- Documentation for victims of hostile acts from the Ministry of Defense.
- Documentation for lone soldiers from the IDF.
- Applicants may come to the organization's offices with the relevant documentation:
- Main office and clinic in the HaTzomet Building managed by Chana Simon - Ra'anana-Kfar Saba Interchange, Derekh HaSharon 5, Kfar Saba Sunday - Thursday, 09:00-17:00, Tel: 09-9555395
- For a list of other branches see the Re-Specs website.
- The eyeglasses may be purchased in exchange for a nominal fee:
- Recycled frames or surplus lenses, including brand-names for 20 NIS.
- Examination and lenses through an optometrist from 70 NIS.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.