- The Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services) offers two computer station lending services for students and/or employees who are blind or visually impaired:
- ALEH operates one of these services which is designed for students who are part of an approved Professional and Vocational Rehabilitation for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
- Migdal Or operates the other service which is designed for blind and visually impaired employees whose job requires the use of a computer.
- The purpose of this service is to allow blind and visually impaired employees to integrate quickly into their workplace under suitable conditions until personal equipment is purchased.
Who is Eligible?
- Students and/or employees who are blind or visually impaired.
How to Claim It?
- Blind and visually impaired students interested in borrowing a computer station should contact ALEH directly.
- Blind and visually impaired employees interested in borrowing a computer station should contact Migdal Or directly.
- The two lending services detailed above offer immediate borrowing of computer stations for a period of up to 6 months or until permanent equipment is purchased.
- Blindness and Visual Impairment
- Learning and Using Computer Equipment for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Computer Station Modification for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Assistance Receiving a Work Station for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Higher Education for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.