The Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services, the Ministry of Health, and Eshel provide dental care services for seniors. The dental care is provided in public and community clinics, clinics run by non-profit organizations, and clinics that have been established in elderly day care facilities.
- Priority for the services is given according to the senior's financial situation and in accordance with Social Work Regulations.
- The prices in these clinics are determined according to the Ministry of Health's controlled price listing for dental care for seniors, which is updated from time to time.
Who is Eligible?
- Seniors who are referred for dental care by a social services office social worker.
How to Claim It?
- Seniors requiring dental care who would like to receive the care through one of these clinics should contact a social worker at the social services office in their place of residence.
- The patient will be referred to a clinic so that a treatment plan and price quote may be given.
- According to this price quote, a social services office eligibility worker will determine the co-payment to be required of the patient, and take care of payment details.
- The patient will then be referred back to the clinic with the social services approval and treatment may begin.
- In areas that do not have such a clinic, patients will be referred for treatment in a private clinic, and the assistance provided from the social services office will be given according to the patient's eligibility, with the paid prices being according to the Ministry of Health's controlled price listing for dental care for the needy.
- For a listing of dental clinics on the JDC Israel - Eshel website (you can also search "dental clinics" according to city/region)
- Community dental clinics in Ashdod (for senior citizens)
- Community dental clinics in Beer Sheva
- Community dental clinics in Lod (For the elderly, mentally frail and holocaust survivors)
- Petach Tikva city dental clinics
- Ramla city dental clinics
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that help senior citizens and the elderly