This page gives important information from the Ministry of Labor and Social Services for deaf and hearing impaired people during the coronavirus crisis
For additional information see the deaf and hearing impaired page on the Ministry of Labor and Social Services website
Communication allowance for the deaf and hearing impaired
- The communication allowance will continue being paid as usual during the coronavirus crisis.
- For additional information about the communication allowance on the Communication Services Allowance for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired page.
Translation and transcription services
Translation services provided by Shmaya
- Translation to sign language and transcription services are provided for urgent matters, in accordance with the Ministry of Health regulations.
- You can contact Shmaya - the service providing organization:
- For additional information see Interpreting Services for the Hearing Impaired
Call center for remote translation to sign language
- A call center where you can get remote translation to sign language
- Download the "remote translation" app and register.
- You can receive explanation by calling 053-4623966
- Hours of operation: Sunday-Thursday 9:00-17:00 and Fridays 8:00-12:00
- You can send a whatsapp or initiate a video conversation. A sign language translator will explain the registration process to you.
- The information on this page was written with the assistance of the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services.
- This page is translated and maintained by the Shira Pransky project