Diabetics are entitled to receive an insulin pump from their Kupat Cholim as part of The Healthcare Basket; with a doctor's referral and according to the conditions detailed below.
- Eligibility to receive the insulin pump includes replacing the consumables that are required to operate the pump, without cost, including the following items:
- An infusion set for the pump, insulin container with needle, needles and tubes to install the device, rechargeable or consumable batteries (depending on the device), replaceable battery charger (according to the manufacturer's instructions), disinfection equipment, bandages, a carry case (with reasonable wear and tear).
- Any other components included in the manufacturers instructions.
Who is Eligible?
- Diabetic children and adults suffering from neuro-hypoglycemic episodes expressed through sudden loss of consciousness, confusion, and behavioral changes without prior autonomic signs.
- Diabetics suffering from recurrent attacks of ketosis, acidosis and hypoglycemia that require hospitalization.
- Diabetics whose level of HbA1c is 7.5 and above.
- Diabetics who receive intensive therapy including three or more injections of insulin per day, but still were not able to reach their targeted balance levels.
- Women with type 1 diabetes Juvenile Diabetes that suffered from diabetes before and during pregnancy.
- Individuals with type 2 diabetes that suffer severe insulin resistance or who are treated with high doses of insulin above 1 unit per kg that do not reach the recommended sugar levels.
- Children with congenital hyperinsulinemia - with special permission of a licensed medical agent at the Kupat Cholim.
How to Claim It?
Laws and Regulations
English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.