m (עידו מירז moved page New:Dialysis to Dialysis without leaving a redirect)
Revision as of 18:11, 10 September 2013
Template:מושג/תחילת טור ימני
Patients undergoing dialysis treatment must come into a clinic for treatment sessions a number of times per week for an extended period of time. This often causes problems related to absence from work, transportation and parking costs, etc. There are a number of different rights and benefits to which dialysis patients are entitled. Template:מושג/סיום הקדמה
Specific Rights and Benefits
- Children undergoing dialysis treatment are entitled to a Disabled Child Benefit
- Patients whose earning capacity has been impacted (or the ability to function in the home for homemakers) may be eligible for a General Disability Pension. For more information, see: Disability Pension and Related Benefits.
- General Disability Pension recipients undergoing dialysis treatment at least twice per week may be entitled to a Special Services Benefit (Attendance Allowance) in accordance with the conditions of eligibility.
- Kidney failure being treated by dialysis is found on the Ministry of Health's list of serious illnesses, meaning that such patients are eligible for exemption from payment for various medical services.
- Considered to be chronically ill, dialysis patients are eligible for a medication payment ceiling for purchasing medications included in the healthcare basket. It is recommended to only use this right as a supplement to the exemption from payment for medications (in accordance with each health plan's procedures) included as part of the entitlement listed above for those considered to have a "serious illness".
- Coverage of Travel Expenses for Dialysis Treatment
- Disabled Parking Permit
- Exemption from Payment of Hospital Parking Fees
- Sick Days Due to an Ill Spouse
- Sick Days Due to an Ill Child
- Discount on Bezeq Telephone Fees for Dialysis Patients
- Free transportation by ambulance in Jerusalem - Organizations and volunteers provide transportation to treatments for patients in the Jerusalem area
- Jordan River Village - Free vacation for seriously ill children
- Maccabi Health Services: Rights for policyholders undergoing dialysis treatments
- The Israeli National Kidney Transplantees and Dialysis Patients Association: Rights for dialysis patients
Template:מושג/סיום טור ימני Template:מושג/תחילת טור שמאלי
Template:מושג/סיום טור שמאלי