As a result of the security situation, on 13.10.2015, the health funds began operating hotlines and telephone guidance and support centers.
- The hotlines offer mental-emotional support to those who contact them during all hours of the day.
Who is Eligible?
- All health fund policy holders who need support due to the security situation.
How to Claim It?
- You can call the following hotlines, 24 hours a day:
- Clalit: *2700
- Maccabi: *3555
- Leumit: *507
- Meuchedet: *3833
- The Ministry of Health
- The Health Funds (Kupot Cholim)
- Those suffering anxiety as a result of hostile acts are entitled to mental health treatment from the National Insurance Institute and the Ministry of Health even if they are not recognized as hostile act victims.
- Additionally, those suffering from trauma and anxiety because of the security situation can turn to the Trauma and Anxiety Centers for Mental Health Support that are run at Shaare Tzedek Hospital in Jerusalem and Soroka Hospital in Beer Sheva.
Laws and Regulations
- Ministry of Health Director Circular no. 7/2018 from 20.02.2018 - activation of a mental health response during emergency situations
English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.