Unfortunately there are many types of illnesses that cause different organs to stop functioning properly and the only way to save the patient's life is through organ transplant.
- The follow organs may be transplanted in Israel today: kidney, lung, liver (and liver lobes), heart, and pancreas.
- The following types of tissue may be transplanted in Israel today: corneal, bone (osseous tissue), ligament, joint, skin, and heart valve.
Live Organ Donation
Organ Transplant Assignment
Pensions and Benefits
- Income Tax Exemption for People with Medical Disability
- Organ transplant abroad
- Specialized Medical Service
- Dental care for organ transplant and prosthetic heart valve recipients
- Medication Payment Ceiling for the Chronically Ill
- Coverage of Travel Expenses for Medical Treatment
- Receiving a copy of the evaluation committee decision
- Matnat Chaim – Volunteers for Kidney Transplantation
- The Israel Liver Transplantees Association
- The Israeli National Kidney Transplantees and Dialysis Patients Association
Laws and Regulations
- The Organ Transplant Law
- The Brain-Respiratory Death Law
- The Anatomy and Pathology Law, 5713-1953 (on the Nevo website)
- Ministry of Health Director Circular 11/09 from 01.03.2009 - Live Organ Transplant (Procedural Update)