Days that an employee misses because of a requirement to be in quarantine because of suspicion of coronavirus will be considered as sick days and therefore the employee is entitled to Sick Pay during the period he misses work due to quarantine.
- The employee receives no payment for the first sick day.
- The employee receives 50% of his salary for the second day.
- The employee receives 50% of his salary for the third day.
- From the fourth day and on the employee will receive his full salary.
- If it is customary in his workplace that employees are paid their full salaries from the first day of absence then the same should be true in this case.
- It is forbidden for an employer to require an employee who is quarantine to come work and it is also forbidden to allow him to come to the work place even if he is interested in going.
- Additionally it is forbidden for an employer to fire an employee because he is in quarantine. For additional information see It is Prohibited to Fire an Employee who is absent from Work because of Quarantine for Suspected Coronavirus.
Who is Eligible?
How to Claim It?
Laws and Regulations
English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.