According to The Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Act those who employ at least 25 people are obligated to have Appropriate Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities in the workplace by making adjustments.
The State, contributes to the funding of accommodations for employees with disabilities in the workplace.
The State's contribution is given as a loan and adjusted a year later to a grant, under the conditions specified in the application form for funding.
It is recommended that the employee familiarize themselves with the accommodations which they are entitled to so they can inform thier employers.
For more information see: the Ministry of Economy and Industry website
- The state provides funding for modifications in the workplace for the blind and visually impaired.
- It is important that employees are familiar with the types of modifications to which they are entitled, so that they can inform the employer accordingly.
- According to the Equal Rights for Persons with Disabilities Law, in addition to other relevant legislation, the government provides funding for workplace modifications for employees with disabilities.
- Types of modifications:
- Modified job requirements - work hours, job acceptance testing, training, instruction, etc.
- Physical modifications - the government provides funding for a variety of physical workplace modifications, such as wheelchair accessibility, special equipment, appliances, and facilities.
- Replacements, improvements or upgrades of existing accommodations.
Who is Eligible?
- Employers or those who will employ someone with disabilities for a period of no less than 12 months (does not have to be continuous) at least 1/3 of full-time.
- An employer who has performed modifications for an employee with disabilities in the past, on condition that the modifications were not performed more than 18 months prior to the request for funding.
How to Claim It?
- It is the employer’s responsibility to initiate the request to receive government funding for modifications.
- The following documents are required:
- A request form for government funding signed by the employer and employee. The request form may be downloaded here.
- A medical confidentiality waiver form from the employee (the waiver form is included with the funding request form).
- Documentation indicating the employee’s disabilities.
- Three price quotes for performing the modifications or receipts (if the modifications have already been performed).
- The form and accompanying documents must be sent to:
- The Office for the Integration of People with Disabilities into the Workforce, The Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Labor
- Hamelacha St. 3, PO Box 57498, Tel Aviv 67215
- Hamelacha St. 3, PO Box 57498, Tel Aviv 67215
- Hebrew Address:
- המטה לשילוב אנשים עם מוגבלות בשוק העבודה, משרד התמ"ת
- רח' המלאכה 3, ת.ד 57498, תל אביב, 67215
- Call center for clarifications: 073-2955672
- A response regarding acceptance or rejection of the request should be received within 30 days.
- If the request was approved, the state should transfer the relevant funding for the modifications within 60 days.
- In addition to the government funding, the employer must also provide funding for the modifications according to the size of the business and the specifics of the request (except for initial training).
- State funding is provided as a standing loan for performance of the modifications, and becomes a grant after one year if the relevant conditions set in the regulations are met.
- The employer must provide documentation regarding performance of the modifications, as well as an accessibility permit from the employer confirming that the modification was performed in accordance with the approved request. An accessibility permit is not required for employer training.
- Increased funding requests must be submitted in the following cases:
- Real estate modifications for an employee whose mobility disability has been defined as at least 75% by the Ministry of Health.
- Computer equipment modifications for an employee who holds a certificate of blindness according to The Welfare Services Law.
- It is the employer’s responsibility to inform the Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Labor of all changes related to a request, including if the employee for whom a request has been submitted has stopped working.
Laws and Regulations
- The Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Law
- The Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Regulations (State Funding for Modifications), 5766-2006 on the Ministry of Justice website
- Request form for government funding of modification costs for an employee with disabilities – including medical confidentiality waiver form
- Blindness and Visual Impairment
- Employment of People with Disabilities
- The Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Labor – The Office for the Integration of People with Disabilities into the Workforce
- The Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Labor – The Office for the Integration of People with Disabilities into the Workforce: Informational Leaflet for Employers, Informational Leaflet for Employees
- A Guide for Those Employing a Blind Worker with a Guide Dog