The State provides funding for modifications in the workplace for employees with disabilities.
- State funding participation is given as a loan, and a year later becomes a grant, under the conditions specified in the application form for funding
- At the same time participation from the state, the employer is required to participate in financing the modifications depending on the size and type of business application (except for initial training).
Who is Eligible?
- Employers or those who will employ someone with disabilities for a period of no less than 12 months (does not have to be continuous) at least 1/3 of full-time.
- If the employee finished his work before completing 12 months of work (continuously or cumulatively), the employer may replace it with another employee with a disability to complete the required employment period.
- An employer who has performed modifications for an employee with disabilities in the past, on condition that the modifications were not performed more than 18 months prior to the request for funding.
Types of Modifications
- Modified Job Acceptance Testing-
- If due to the limitations of a job candidate, employers are required to adjust for the acceptance and screening tests, and thus increased costs of the employer, they can apply for partial funding of these adjustments retroactively.
- The State will contribution to acceptance tests adjustment cost per person with a disability will be given only if the candidate was hired.
- Modified Job Requirements-
- Modified job requirements includes: change in working hours or length of the working day, changing work practices, training and adjustment of internal or external training.
- The state will contribute, among others, the costs incurred by the employer due to the need to employ a further complements the working hours of the employee with a disability, or due to additional expenses incurred by the employer due to the employment of workers with disabilities at various usual factory work (such as travel / transportation).
- Initial Training Services to Employers-
- Employer of working with people suffering from mental / cognitive or mental disability can request the participation of the state-funded training goes a professional in the field of disability for the employer or its representative, employee presence or his absence.
- The state will contribute in the initial training services to employers will be given during the first six months of the employee's work with disability.
- Translation and Transcription Services-
- Application for participation in financing adaptation which translation and transcription services required employee with a disability who has a hearing loss of 50 decibels or more the better ear, in order to absorb initially into the place of work.
- Physical Modifications-
- Applications for participation in financing physical modifications,such as wheelchair accessibility, special equipment, appliances, and facilities.
- Guidance and Vocational Training
- Professional guidance can be disabled employee by another employee, which is beyond the professional assistance provided to an employee that does not have a disability.
- Government funding to modifications will be given for the first year of employment only.
- Level of funding depends on, among other things, the scope of the employee's with disabilities position.
- Replacements, improvements or upgrades of existing accommodations.
The Amount of State Funding for Modifications
- The amount of state participation in funding adjustments determined in accordance with the type of adjustment and the total number of employees for the employer (employees with disabilities and without disabilities), according to the maximum amounts set out in the regulations of participation:
- Initial training for employees- 3,000 NIS or 95% of the cost, whichever is less, regardless of the number of employees with the employer.
- Physical modifications, required equipment, translation and transcription services, Job screening tests, matching the job requirements, guidance and training- depending on the total number of employees for the employer:
- Up to 25 employees 19,000 NIS per employee, provided that the employer bore the cost of at least 1,000 NIS.
- Between 26-200 employees 17,000 NIS per employee, provided that the employer bore the cost of at least 3,000 NIS.
- Over 200 employees 15,000 NIS per employee provided that the employer bore the cost of at least 5,000 NIS.
- State funding ongoing support and guidance takes into account the scope of the employee with disabilities positions and is derived from it.
- State participation is not approved in the case of low-cost adjustment of 1000 NIS, excluding initial guidance to employers.
- Employer eligible for state-funded modifications to the amount of 60,000 NIS for each employee with a disability, provided that the employer carried a 5,000 NIS at least one of the following two scenarios:
- Real estate modifications for an employee whose mobility disability has been defined as at least 75% by the National Insurance Institute.
- Computer equipment modifications for an employee who holds a Certificate of Blindness/Visual Impairment.
How to Claim It?
- It is the employer’s responsibility to initiate the request to receive government funding for modifications.
- The following documents are required:
- A request form for government funding signed by the employer and employee. The request form may be downloaded here.
- A medical confidentiality waiver form from the employee (the waiver form is included with the funding request form).
- Documentation indicating the employee’s disabilities.
- Three price quotes for performing the modifications or receipts (if the modifications have already been performed).
- In the case of an application for participation in financing support and ongoing professional training-worker's pay slips which provides the guidance and the employee with disability which is accompanied by / directory.
- The form and accompanying documents must be sent to:
- The Office for the Integration of People with Disabilities into the Workforce, The Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Labor
- Hamelacha St. 3, PO Box 57498, Tel Aviv 67215
- Hamelacha St. 3, PO Box 57498, Tel Aviv 67215
- Hebrew Address:
- המטה לשילוב אנשים עם מוגבלות בשוק העבודה, משרד התמ"ת
- רח' המלאכה 3, ת.ד 57498, תל אביב, 67215
- Fax: 077-2270126
- Email: Hatamot@taldor.co.il
- Courier: 3 Ef'al Street, Kiryat Aryeh, Petach Tikva (Ground Floor)
- For inquiries and questions about filling out the forms and submitting the application, contact the center by phone at: 1-700-70-78-71 and use the support centers for employers.
Stages in the Process
- A response regarding acceptance or rejection of the request should be received within 30 days from the Center for the Integration of people with disabilities in the labor market.
- In addition to the government funding, the employer must also provide funding for the modifications according to the size of the business and the specifics of the request (except for initial training).
- Within 15 days of receiving the approval document, the Director's approval for the payment will be sent.
- If the request was approved, the state should transfer the relevant funding for the modifications within 60 days (including the cost of the grant authorized service accessibility and a bank guarantee paid).
- The employer must provide documentation regarding performance of the modifications, as well as an accessibility permit from the employer confirming that the modification was performed in accordance with the approved request. An accessibility permit is not required for employer training.
- State funding is provided as a standing loan for performance of the modifications, and becomes a grant after one year if the relevant conditions set in the regulations are met.
- An employer whose application was not approved, can apply once for a request for reconsideration from the Center for the Integration of People with disabilities.
- The request for reconsideration must be filed within 30 days after receiving the decision.
- The application for reconsideration should be in writing only and include the employer's claims and objections. Attach any documents proving the claims.
- Each application will be considered by the Director of Staff, and the reasoned decision shall be given withing 30 days from the date the application was received for further discussion at the office.
- The decision of the Director of Staff may be appealed (either the initial decision or the decision following a request for reconsideration) to the Regional Labor Court within 45 days after receiving the decision of the Director of Staff.
- It is the employer’s responsibility to inform the Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Labor of all changes related to a request, including if the employee for whom a request has been submitted has stopped working.
Laws and Regulations
- The Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Law
- The Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Regulations (State Funding for Modifications), 5766-2006 on the Ministry of Justice website
- Request form for government funding of modification costs for an employee with disabilities – including medical confidentiality waiver form
- Blindness and Visual Impairment
- Employment of People with Disabilities
- The Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Labor – The Office for the Integration of People with Disabilities into the Workforce
- The Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Labor – The Office for the Integration of People with Disabilities into the Workforce: Informational Leaflet for Employers, Informational Leaflet for Employees
- A Guide for Those Employing a Blind Worker with a Guide Dog