A foreign nursing care worker that lives in the patient's home is entitled to a weekly rest period of 25 hours
The employer is required to clarify the weekly rest period to the worker verbally and in writing
A worker that works during his weekly rest period is entitled to be paid 150% of his regular salary
See a court ruling on this subject in the "court ruling" section below
Who is Eligible
Compensation for a Worker Employed During his Weekly Rest Period
How to Claim It?
- These rights should be given automatically by the employer.
- In event that there is a violation of the worker's rights, a claim can be filed to the labor court. For an explanation on how to submit the claim see the Justice Ministry website.
- Welfare Department - Jerusalem Municipality
- Worker's Hotline
- Hotline for Refugees and Migrants
- Physicians for Human Rights - Israel
Assistance in Employing Nursing Care Workers
- Internet hot line for those who employ foreign nursing care workers
- Elder care law services
- Yad Riva - Legal aid for senior citizens
- Reut and Eshel - Guidance services for senior citizens and their families who care for them.
- Kav Lamassik Information and Legal Advice for Foreign Workers.
- Ba-Bayit- Welfare and Aid for the Golden Age
- For a complete lists of organizations offering assistance and support to senior citizens
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support to people with disabilities click here.
- The Population and Immigration Authority
- The Foreign Workers' Employment Rights Ombudsman
- The National Insurance Institute
- The Interior Ministry
- Foreign nursing care workers that live with their patients are entitled to a weekly rest period of 25 hours
Laws and Regulations
- The Foreign Workers Law
- Regulations of Employment Services (Payments from Work Applicants for Employment Brokerage) - 2006
- Foreign Workers Order (Prohibition of Illegal Employment and Insurance of Fair Conditions) (Basket of Health Services for Employees)
- Regulations of the Employment Service (Submission of Information to a Foreign Worker in connection with Employment Brokerage), 2006
- The Minimum Wage Law
- The Rights of Foreign Workers on the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services website
- Foreign Workers - Information for Employers and Workers on the Population and Immigration Authority website
- Information Regarding the Employment of Foreign Workers and Illegal Infiltrators on the Population and Immigration Authority website
- Rights of Migrant Workers in the Agriculture Sector, 2019 The Worker's Hotline
- Rights of Migrant Workers in the Nursing Field, 2019 The Worker's Hotline
English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.