This portal explains the different stages when filing a disability claim, as well as the different rights and benefits given to those who receive a disability benefit.
A General Disability Pension is a monthly benefit paid by the National Insurance Institute to those whose physical, mental or psychological impairments affect their ability to earn a living (or the ability of a housewife to function in the household) by at least 50%.
Eligibility for the Disability Pension is also meant to give benefits in other various realms such as housing, transportation and health. The degree of incapacity is established after a medical committee establishes the degree of medical disability in accordance with the official list of disorders and illnesses for medical examinations.
Click here to view an instructional video from the National Insurance Institute explaining how to fill out a disability pension claim form.
Eligibility for a disability pension may also provide additional benefits in various areas, such as housing, transportation, and healthcare.
This portal is designed to present the various benefits and rights to which disability pension recipients are entitled.
Disability Pension and Related Pensions
- General Disability Pension
- Guide to filing Disability Claims for National Insurance
- Additional monthly benefit (Kachan)
- General Disability Pension Dependents' Supplement
- Special Services Benefit (Attendance Allowance) and Related Benefits
- Old Age Disability Pension
- Incentive Pension to Encourage People with Disabilities to Join the Workforce
- Incentive Pension for a Single Mother with a Disability who recently gave Birth
- Special Benefits for the Spouse of a Disabled Woman who recently gave Birth
Procedures to Receive the Benefit
- Establishment of Disability by the Medical Committee for General Disabilities
- Submitting a General Disability Pension Claim
- Expedited Process ("Fast Track") for Submitting a General Disability Pension Claim
- General Disability Medical Committee
- Appealing a General Disability Medical Committee Decision
- Establishing the Degree of Incapacity
- Appealing an Decision Regarding Incapacity
- Reexamination of Disability Pension Eligibility
- Appeal to the District Labor Courts
- Appeal through a non legal track
Aid in procedures necessary to receive the benefit
- Why you shouldn't be scared to submit a disability claim to the National Insurance Institute
- Free aid to submit disability claims for those hospitalized
- "A Guiding Hand" - Free Guidance and Direction in preparation for National Insurance Institute's medical committees.
- Free legal aid for those appealing in the labor courts
- Fee limits for aiding or representing someone submitting a general disability claim
Financial Benefits for those who have begun Working
- Public Housing assistance for recipients of Disability Allowance
- Rental Assistance for People with Disabilities
- Purchase Tax Discount on Residential Property for People with Disabilities
- Municipal Property Tax (Arnona) Discount for People with Disabilities
- Municipal Property Tax (Arnona) Discount for Parents of a Child with Disabilities
- Discount on the Israel Lands Administration Consent Fee for People with Disabilities
- Certificate of Disability
- Discount on Bezeq Telephone Fees for People with Disabilities
- Water Bill Benefit for Disability Pension Recipients (High Rate Discount)
- Health Plan Fee Exemptions for Disability Pension Recipients
- Exemption from National Insurance Fees for Disability Pension Recipients
- Bank Fee Discount for People with Disabilities
- No Queues for People with Disabilities in Public Places
- Eyeglasses for a nominal fee for residents of the Jerusalem area
- Subsidized Hearing Devices from the Foundation Optical Center
- Death grant for survivors of disability pension recipients
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support for people with disabilities, click here.
- The National Insurance Institute
- The Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services
- The Ministry of Transportation
- The Ministry of Health
- The Ministry of Construction and Housing
- The Tax Authority
- The Union of Local Authorities in Israel
- "The value of vehicle use" is the wage component taken into account in calculating entitlement to an old age pension or a general disability pension
- For a list of cases regarding the National Insurance Institute's Medical Committees
Laws & Regulations
- The National Insurance Law
- The Handicapped Parking Law
- State Economic Arrangements Regulations (Municipal Property Tax Discount)
- Lands Taxation Regulations (Appreciation, Sale, and Purchase) (Purchase Tax)
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.