This portal explains the different stages of the Disabled Child Benefit claim process, as well as the different rights and benefits given to those who receive the benefit.
A Disabled Child Benefit is a monthly allowance paid by the National Insurance Institute for children with a disabilities; the amount paid is based on the degree of disability and the child's dependence on others.
Eligibility for the benefit may also entail entitlement to other rights and benefits, such as obtaining a permit to employ a foreign worker to care for the child, as well as various discounts.
This portal contains information about the benefit itself, the process of filing a claim for the benefit, and related benefits.
Discounts on Bills
- Rehabilitative Daycare Centers
- Disabled Parking Permit and Exemption from License Fee
- Employing a Foreign Worker to Care for a Child with Disabilities
- Eyeglasses for a nominal fee for residents of the Jerusalem area
- Subsidized Hearing Devices from the Foundation Optical Center
- No Queues for People with Disabilities in Public Places
Specific Information for Eligible Populations
- Gaucher's Disease
- Children who have undergone an organ or bone marrow transplant
- Deafness and Hearing Impairment
- Children Requiring Special Medical Treatment
- Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (Mental Retardation)
- Children hospitalized for mental health treatment
- Blindness and Visual Impairment
- Ataxia-Telangiectasia (AT)
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support to people with disabilities see People with Disabilities/Aid Organizations.
- The National Insurance Institute
- The Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services
- The Ministry of Transportation
- The Tax Authority
- The Electric Company
- The Water Authority
- The Union of Local Authorities in Israel - Local Branches
Laws and Regulations
- The National Insurance Law
- National Insurance Regulations (Disabled Child)
- National Insurance Regulations (Disability Insurance) (Appeals Committees for Special Services and Disabled Children)
- The National Insurance Institute: Instructions for determining learning disabilities