Parents whose child receives a 100% Disabled Child Benefit are entitled to discounts on Bezek telephone fees:
Discount in Installation and Relocation
- A discount of approximately 50% off installation fees for a regular telephone line.
- A discount of approximately 50% off relocation fees for a regular telephone line
Discount on Monthly Payments
- Until August 2013, a NIS 40 discount was given off the monthly payment of the basic Bezeq plan.
- Beginning from August 2013, one can switch to one of the following plans:
- Exemption from fixed usage fees and 300 monthly minutes to land and mobile lines for the price of NIS 17 per month (after the subsidy).
- Exemption from fixed usage fees and 600 monthly minutes to land and mobile lines for the price of NIS 32 per month (after the subsidy).
- Parents of two eligible children are entitled to one of the following plans:
- Full discount for a plan that includes 300 monthly minutes.
- A package of 600 monthly minutes for the subsidized price of NIS 15 (after the subsidy).
- Phone use that exceeds the plan will be charged at a rate of 18 agurot per minute.
- Those eligible for the benefit and are submitting a request for the first time, must choose one of the new plans.
- Those eligible who are already receiving a discount may choose to continue their existing plan or switch to one of the new plans (see details below).
Who is eligible?
- Parents whose child receives a 100% Disabled Child Benefit.
- Foster parents are not eligible to receive discounts on telephone fees.
How to claim it?
- Applicants must fill out a request for discount form and attach the following to it:
- A copy of the parent’s identification card (teudat zehut), including a copy of the attachment (sefach) where the child's information is recorded
- A copy of the last phone bill
- A copy of the child’s disability benefit confirmation
- If the property is rented and the phone contract is not under the parents' names, a valid rental agreement must be attached
- The form and required documentation must be sent to:
- Ms. Ahuva Robas
- Rehabilitation Branch - Ministry of Social Affairs
- PO Box 1260
- Jerusalem 91012
- If necessary, you may call: 02-5085430 Sunday-Wednesday 08:30-12:30.
- The office may also be contacted by fax: 02-508-5933 or email: AhuvaR@molsa.gov.il.
- If eligibility is approved, a confirmation will be mailed which must be taken to a Bezeq office in order to receive the discount.
- The child's name must be registered or added as an owner of the phone line.
- The discount will be reflected on the phone bill itself.
- It is recommended to review telephone bills to ensure that the discount has been given and continues to be valid.
Switching to a New Discount Plan
- A person who receives a discount on his/her monthly payment according to one of the old plans and wishes to switch to one of the new discount plants must contact the Bezeq 199 call center (dial 199 from any telephone).
- The eligible person must identify the line number he/she is getting a discount on and request to switch to one of the new plans.
- The 199 call center hours are:
- Sunday-Thursday 8:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- An eligible person who does not wish to switch plans may continue to receive the benefit based on the old plan.
- The discount is from the date the Ministry of Social Affairs contacts Bezeq. There is no retroactive reimbursement.
- If there is a home with both a child with disabilities and a child who is blind (click here for details), each child is eligible for a discount, but not for the same telephone line.
- The discount is valid as long as the certificate of disability is valid. Once the Disabled Child Benefit confirmation expires, a new request must be sent to the Ministry of Social Affairs.
- Original information on this page based on Makom Meuchad - Kesher - Connecting Special Families
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.