Discount on Bezeq Telephone Fees for Disabled Child Benefit Recipients (Right)
From All Rights (Kol-Zchut) (www.kolzchut.org.il)
Parents of a child who is entitled to a 100% Disabled Child Benefit
are entitled to a discount on Bezeq telephone services
The discount is worth about 40 NIS/month for a basic Bezek telephone line (as of 2012)
A 50% discount is also given off installation/relocation of a telephone line
- Parents whose child receives a 100% Disabled Child Benefit are entitled to discounts on Bezek telephone fees.
- Since Bezek has transitioned to offering different service package options, the discounts now include:
- A discount of about 40 NIS/month for a basic Bezek telephone line (as of 2012).
- A discount of about 50% off installation fees for a regular telephone line.
- A discount of about 50% off relocation fees for a regular telephone line.
Who is eligible?
- Parents whose child receives a 100% Disabled Child Benefit.
- Foster parents are not eligible to receive discounts on telephone fees.
How to claim it?
- Applicants must fill out a request for a discount, you may download the form directly from the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services website.
- The following must be attached to the form:
- A copy of the parent’s identification card (teudat zehut), including a copy of the attachment (sefach) where the child's information is recorded
- A copy of the last phone bill
- A copy of the child’s disability benefit confirmation
- If the property is rented and the phone contract is not under the parents' names, a valid rental agreement must be attached
- The form and required documentation must be sent to:
- Ms. Ahuva Robas
- Rehabilitation Branch - Ministry of Social Affairs
- PO Box 1260
- Jerusalem 91012
- If necessary, you may call: 02-5085430 Sunday-Wednesday 08:30-12:30.
- The office may also be contacted by fax: 15326703617.
- If eligibility is approved, a confirmation will be mailed which must be taken to a Bezeq office in order to receive the discount.
- The child's name must be added to the owners of the phone line.
- The discount will be reflected on the phone bill itself.
- It is recommended to review telephone bills to ensure that the discount has been given and continues to be valid.
- There is no retroactive reimbursement.
- The discount is from the date the Ministry of Social Affairs contacts Bezeq.
- Parents of two children receiving Disabled Child Benefits are entitled to a double discount on one telephone line.
- If a child with disabilities and a child who is blind (click her for details) live in the same home, each child is eligible for a discount, but not for the same telephone line.
- The discount is valid as long as the certificate of disability is valid. Once the Disabled Child Benefit confirmation expires, a new request must be sent to the Ministry of Social Affairs.
Laws & Regulations