This portal provides information on the right of an Israeli resident to employ a foreign nursing care worker, and also discusses the terms of that employment.
Those who do not reside in a long-term care facility, but who need supervision from a full-time nursing professional are eligible to receive a permit to employ a foreign worker. The information presented here is divided into three parts which constitute the process of employing a foreign nursing care worker:
- Eligibility criteria and obtaining recognition as a long-term care patient
- The process of obtaining permits to employ a foreign worker and recruit a foreign worker from a licensed office.
- Terms of employing a foreign worker including workers' rights with which the employer is obligated comply.
Important: A foreign worker is entitled to all the rights of an Israeli worker, including pension contributions, severance pay ect. To avoid legal proceedings and frustration, those employing foreign workers are obligated to financially prepare themselves in case of termination of employment, dismissal of the employee or the employer's death.
Eligibility for Employing a Foreign Worker
- General information on employing a foreign nursing care worker
- Eligibility to Employ a Foreign Nursing Care Worker
- Employing a foreign worker after release from the hospital
- Dependency assessment test
- Dependency assessment test for those rejected by the National Insurance Institute due to high income
- Eligibility Exceptions for Employing a Foreign Nursing Care Worker
- Employing a second foreign nursing care worker
- Employing a Foreign Worker to Care for a Child with Disabilities
An employer who is hospitalized
Processes Related to Employing a Foreign Worker
General Conditions for Employment
- Foreign Workers Employment Contract
- Terms of employing a foreign worker
- Weekly day off for a foreign nursing care workers
- Vacation time for foreign nursing care workers
- Suitable housing for foreign workers
- Maintaining foreign worker employment documentation
- Prohibition of charging brokerage fees for foreign workers
- Limitations on changing a foreignn nursing care worker's place of employment
Foreign Worker's Rights
- Foreign Workers Rights (portal)
- Health Insurance for Foreign Workers
- National Insurance for foreign workers
- Pension insurance for foreign workers
- Monthly Deposit Obligation for Employers of Foreign Workers in the Construction, Technology and Nursing Care.
- Withdrawal of the Deposit by a Foreign Worker in Construction, Technology and Nursing Care
- Income Tax Credit Points for Foreign Workers
- Foreign Workers Rights following the death of the care recipient or placement into nursing care.
- Filing a complaint about foreign workers' rights with the supervisor appointed to deal with such issues
- Internet hot line for those who employ foreign nursing care workers
- Elder care law services
- Yad Riva - Legal aid for senior citizens
- Reut and Eshel - Guidance services for senior citizens and their families who care for them.
- Kav Lamassik Information and Legal Advice for Foreign Workers.
- Ba-Bayit- Welfare and Aid for the Golden Age
- For a complete lists of organizations offering assistance and support to senior citizens
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support to people with disabilities click here.
- The Population and Immigration Authority
- The Ministry of Economy - Commissioner of Foreign Workers' Rights
- The National Insurance Institute
Laws & Regulations
- The Foreign Workers Law
- Employment Service Regulations (Payments from a Job Applicant for Job Brokering) 2006
- The Population and Immigration Ministry Procedures No. 9.2.0001 - Procedures for private offices to bring, mediate and care for foreign nursing care workers 2014.
- The Population and Immigration Ministry Procedures No. 9.2.0002 -Procedure for dealing with a new request or a request for a renewal to employ a foreign nursing care worker.
- Policy regarding employment of foreign workers on the Population, Immigration, and Border Crossing Authority's website
- Guide to employing foreign workers in the Government Services and Information Portal
- Rights leaflets for migrants working in the nursing field from Kav LaOved (Worker's Hotline), available in Hebrew, English, Romanian, Russian and Nepalese
- Foreign workers rights leaflet on the Yadayim website
- Foreign Workers' Rights 2013 - on the Foreign Ministry website
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.