This portal provides basic information regarding everything related to hospitals including referrals, admissions (emergency room/hospitalization) and discharge.
Please note that nearly every topic has its own unique portal where you can find even more information.
Referral to a Hospital/Clinic
Evacuation by Ambulance
- Presence of a Family Member or Other Person During Medical Examinations
- Presence of a Family Member During Physical Examinations and Medical Treatment of Minors
- Maintaining Patient Dignity and Privacy During Medical Treatment
- Refusing the Presence of Students at Medical Examinations or Procedures
- Disclosing Medical Information to a Patient's Family
- Having Visitors in the Hospital
- Receiving Information About Healthcare Professionals
- Additional Medical Opinions
- Power of Attorney for Medical Treatment
- Appointing a Guardian of Person for a Patient
- Guardianship of Children
- Informed Consent for Medical Treatment
- Translation and Interpreting Services for Patients in the Healthcare System
Other Rights and Services
- Coverage of Travel Expenses for Medical Treatment
- Exemption from Payment of Hospital Parking Fees
- Accident Allowance for a Person who is Injured in an Accident
- Medical Translation Services] (Arabic, Russian and Arhamic) in Public Hospitals and Bureau of the Ministry of Health.
- Social Assistance within the framework of the Health Care system
- Long-Term Care Benefit During Hospitalization
- Interpreter services at Hadassah Medical Center (Arabic and Russian)
- Hospital Food for Vegetarians and Vegans
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support see Health and Illness/Aid Organizations.
- The Ministry of Health
- The National Insurance Institute
- The National Health Insurance Law Ombudsman
- Magen David Adom
Laws & Regulations
- "Evacuation and Transportation by Ambulance" on the Society for Patients Rights in Israel's English website
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.