Municipal Property Tax (Arnona) Discount for Parents of a Child with Disabilities (Right)
From All Rights (Kol-Zchut) (www.kolzchut.org.il)
Parents of a disabled child who receives a Disabled Child Benefit
are entitled to a discount of up to 33% off municipal property taxes (arnona) for an area of 100 square meters of their residence
As of 01.01.2011, parents of an adult living at home who receives a disability pension
and had previously received a Disabled Child Benefit are also entitled to the discount
The benefit may be dependent on an income test
- Parents of a child receiving a Disabled Child Benefit are entitled to a municipal property tax (arnona) discount.
- Parents of an adult living at home who receives a disability pension, and had previously received a disabled child benefit are also entitled to the discount.
- The extent of the discount is subject to a decision by the local authority and may vary depending on the local authority.
- Eligibility may be dependent on an income test (income level in relation to the number of people living at home). The disability benefits are not considered as income.
- The maximum discount for a child with a disability is 33% for an area of 100 square meters.
Who is eligible?
- Parents of children who receive a Disabled Child Benefit.
- Parents of an adult living at home who receives a General Disability Pension and who received a Disabled Child Benefit in the past.
- Foster families of Disabled Child Benefit recipients or General Disability Pension recipients.
How to claim it?
- Contact the tax collection department in the local authority in which you live, and fill out the municipal property tax (arnona) discount request form.
- Some municipality websites have forms that can be downloaded and filled out in advance. Click here for a sample request form from the Tel Aviv municipality.
- Updated documentation from the National Insurance Institute indicating receipt of a disability benefit must be attached:
- For a child - Documentation confirming Disabled Child Benefit eligibility
- For an adult - Documentation confirming that a permanent degree of earning incapacity has been established as 75% or more and that the applicant is entitled to a full monthly pension
- If required, documentation related to income must also be attached
- The following must be attached to the request form in the case of foster families:
- Documentation indicating that the foster family are the property-holders
- Documentation indicating that the family is a foster family for the child
- Documentation from the National Insurance Institute indicating entitlement for a Disabled Child Benefit
- Parents who wish to apply for a discount for economic reasons (beyond the 33% to which they are entitled for a child with disabilities), must also include documentation of family income and expenses. A discount for economic reasons may be between 40%-80% and there are no duplicate discounts.
- Parents of a child who receives a Mobility Benefit but not a Disabled Child Benefit are not eligible to receive the discount and can apply for a discount to the local authority's exceptions committee.
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support, click here.
Laws & Regulations