The Old Age and Aging Portal is a gateway to information about rights for the elderly public.
This portal addresses various topics relevant to the elderly, including benefits, health, leisure and welfare, employment options etc. Naturally these pages will also relate to specific populations such as Holocaust survivors, Prisoners of Zion etc. Another important topic is the explanation of the legal tools and options available to protect the senior including the ability to make advance decisions in preparation for a situation in which the person may be unable to express his own will.
Important: If you think you are too young for this portal, it is recommended that you visit the Senior Citizen and Retiree (Golden Age) portal.
Pensions and Benefits
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of government agencies responsible for elderly and senior citizens rights
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of court rulings which are relevant for the elderly and senior citizens
Laws & Regulations
- The Senior Citizens Law
- The Retirement Age Law
- The National Insurance Law
- The Long-Term Care Insurance Law
- The Patient's Rights Law
- The Wards Protection Law
- The Supervision of Institutional Residences Law
- Amendment 26 to the Penal Law - "The Protection of Minors and the Helpless Law"
- The Family Violence Prevention Law
- The Prevention of Stalking Law
- The Victims of Crimes' Rights Law
- The Inheritance Law
- The Dying Patient Law
- The Legal Capacity and Guardianship Law
- Senior Citizens' Guide - rights, benefits and information for senior citizens in Israel from the Office for Social Equality (in Hebrew, Arabic and Russian).
- Database of information regarding services provided to the elderly in Israel - Eshel website- Joint Israel
- Database of legal rights provided to the elderly in Israel - - Eshel website- Joint Israel
- Mashav - Database of national planning for the elderly
- The National Insurance Institute Counseling Service for the Elderly: Hagil Hachadash newspaper
- Law, Aging, and Justice - The blog of Dr. Israel (Issy) Doron, which deals with promoting the rights of the elderly in Israel
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.