The Old Age and Aging Portal is a gateway to information about rights for the elderly public.
Most of these rights are guaranteed or provided by official laws and regulations. In this portal, information on elderly rights is divided into several topics and sub-topics:
- Pensions and Benefits - This section includes a number of sub-topics, such as: Pension Funds, Managers Insurance, Pensions, National Insurance (Social Security), and more.
- Housing, Healthcare, Employment, Leisure and Welfare
- The Holocaust and World War II - This section includes all rights and benefits for Holocaust survivors, veterans, prisoners of Zion, and other related groups.
- Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation - This section includes information regarding rights and assistance related to these topics, as well as what to do and where to turn in case of abuse or neglect.
- Legal Issues - This section includes information regarding the legal options for making decisions earlier, prior to future situations in which it is possible that an individual may not be able to express his/her will. Legal planning includes preparation of legal documents in various areas connected to property, medical treatment, burial, and other matters related to end of life.
- Demography and Geography - This section includes information related to elderly who are needy and/or immigrants, as well as elderly drivers and other general rights for the elderly.
Pensions and Benefits
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of government agencies responsible for elderly and senior citizens rights
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of court rulings which are relevant for the elderly and senior citizens
Laws & Regulations
- The Senior Citizens Law
- The Retirement Age Law
- The National Insurance Law
- The Long-Term Care Insurance Law
- The Patient's Rights Law
- The Wards Protection Law
- The Supervision of Institutional Residences Law
- Amendment 26 to the Penal Law - "The Protection of Minors and the Helpless Law"
- The Family Violence Prevention Law
- The Prevention of Stalking Law
- The Victims of Crimes' Rights Law
- The Inheritance Law
- The Dying Patient Law
- The Legal Capacity and Guardianship Law
- The National Insurance Institute Counseling Service for the Elderly: Hagil Hachadash newspaper
- 13.05.2012, The Marker: "Aging isn't a sickness, it's the future".
- August 2011, The National Insurance Institute: Innovative programs in the Western world to care for elderly people who have limited functioning capacity
- Law, Aging, and Justice - The blog of Dr. Israel (Issy) Doron, which deals with promoting the rights of the elderly in Israel
- Annual review of National Insurance Institute activity related to old age and survivors benefits as well as international social security conventions
- 20.10.2010, Central Bureau of Statistics report: About 33% of the elderly in Israel are exposed to the risk of poverty compared to 20% of the elderly in the European Union (from the Law, Aging, and Justice website)
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.