This portal contains information regarding the rights of ringworm patients who were affected by radiations.
According to The Ringworm Victims Compensation Law, those who received radiation therapy for ringworm between 1946 and 1960 and became sick with one of the illnesses detailed in the law following this treatment are entitled to compensation from the government as of January 1, 1995.
Survivors of ringworm victims who died as the result of their illness are also entitled to compensation.
A compensation claim request must be submitted to the Ministry of Health. Financial benefits and grant payments to victims and survivors are paid through the National Insurance Institute.
The National Center for Compensation of Scalp Ringworm Victims may be contacted with any questions by calling *3667
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support, see Health and Illness/Aid Organizations.
- The Ministry of Health:
- The National Insurance Institute
- Malka Shachar v. Israel - Ministry of Health
- A benign tumor of the thyroid gland does not merit compensation according to The Ringworm Victims Compensation Law
Laws & Regulations
- The Ringworm Victims Compensation Law
- Ringworm Victims Compensation Regulations (Submitting Claims, Victim Recognition, Establishing the Degree of Disability, Committee Composition and Procedures), 5755-1995
- Ringworm Victims Compensation Regulations (One-Time Compensatory Payment, Benefit and Grant), 5755-1995
- Ringworm on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.