In this portal, you will find information regarding the rights of road accident victims and their families.
A road accident is a traumatic experience for the victims and their families. A good amount of assistance and support is often necessary to emotionally, physically, and financially recover from such an experience. Important: In cases where someone is injured in a "hit and run", or if someone was killed as the result of reckless driving, the victim and/or the victim's family are to considered "crime victims". See the Crime Victims Portal for details concerning their rights.
The Scene of the Accident
After the Accident
Road Accidents with Injuries
- Evacuation of those injured in a road accident
- Exemption from Emergency Room Costs
- Covering the Cost of Evacuating Road Accident Victims by Ambulance
- Exemption From Paying for Medicines and Medical Services for Road Accident Victims
- Guide for Working Age Adults With An Injury Or Illness That Has Resulted In Disability
Fatal Road Accidents
Victims of Road Accidents that are Not Considered to be Work Accidents
Victims of Road Accidents Considered to be Work Accidents
- National Insurance Institute benefits
- Work Accidents and Work Injury Victims Portal
- Work Disability Portal
Pensions and Benefits
- Assistance Performing Housing Modifications for People with Limited Mobility From the Ministry of Housing and Building for road accident victims that do not receive assistance from a insurance company.
Assistance for Road Accident Victims' Families
- Shil - Citizens Advice Service
- Yad Haniktafim
- The Or Yarok Association for Safer Driving in Israel
- Beterem - Safe Kids Israel
- ASA - Helping families in the South who have lost a loved one as the result of road accident
- Magen David Adom
- The Israel Police - Responsible for investigating accidents and for the removal of damaged vehicles, in addition to the removal of bodies in case of fatalities.
- The Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services:
- The Center for Assisting Families of Road Accident Victims
- 24 hour emergency call center - Dial 118 from any telephone
- Ministry of Transport, National Infrastructures and Road Safety
- The National Road Safety Authority (English)
- Compensation for emotional damage to family members of a victim of bodily harm (The Elsokha Principle)
- Additional precedents related to road accident victims
Laws & Regulations
- The Compensation for Victims of Road Accidents Law
- The Road Accident Victims Law (Family Assistance)
- The National Road Safety Authority Law
- Ruling 1.30 Arrangement for Obtaining the Assistance under the Road Accidents Victims Law (assistance for family members)
- The Israel Police, National Headquarters Order No. 13.03.01 from 18.06.2007: Police handling of road accidents with casualties
- Informational Booklet for Families of Road Accident Victims from The Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services, The National Road Safety Authority, and The Center for Assisting Families of Road Accident Victims
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.