National Insurance Institute Certificate of Disability holders are entitled to a 33% discount on bus travel, the light rail, and the metrobus. The discount is given through a personal travel pass (rav kav)
An equivalent discount is given to the disabled on the Israel Railways.
For more information, see the Ministry of Transportation website
- Certificate of Disability holders are entitled to a 33% discount on bus travel, the light rail, and the metrobus.
- The discount is given through a personal travel pass (rav kav) that has the personal profile of the passenger.
- An equal discount is given to the disabled on the Israel Railways. For more information see Discount on Train Travel for the Disabled.
Who is Eligible?
- Someone who is National Insurance Institute Certificate of Disability holder (someone with a general disability that is regularly above 75%).
- The following are also eligible for this discount:
How to Claim It?
- A Rav Kav should be issued and updated with discount.
- In order to get the discounted Rav Kav, ID and a certificate of disability/proof of disability should be brought to a travel pass (rav kav) purchasing station:
- At the issuing station you are photographed, fill out request forms and get the card on the spot (you can download the request form from the National Transportation website and fill it out prior to arriving at the service station).
- The discount will be given when the card is loaded, according to the updated personal eligibility profile on the card.
- The initial issuance of the card is free of charge.
Those travel on a Rav Kav in major metropolitan areas (Gush Dan, Haifa and Jerusalem) are eligible to transfer within 90 minutes to a different line, on any form of public transportation for the cost of a single ride.
- Women from age 60 and men from age 65 are entitled to a 50% discount. For more information see Senior Citizen Discount on Buses, the Light Rail and the MetroBus.
Laws and Regulations
- Supervision Order on the Prices of Goods and Services (Prices of Bus Service and Local Train Service Prices) (Amendment No. 2) 2015.
- Original information on this page based on ALUT's Booklet of Rights for Adults on the Autism Spectrum.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.