Galgaley Darom is a project that provides assistance relating to transportation accessibility in the South for people with disabilities. The project allows those who are usually home-bound to go shopping, run errands, go for medical treatments, leisure activities, etc. The project services the following towns:
- Mitzpe Ramon
- The information center operates between 08:00 - 19:00. It also arranges transportion to accompany people to destinations inside or outside the city. The call center number is: 1-599-566-466.
- The information center representatives help those who call coordinate a "travel package" comprised f various means: travel on the bus, train, taxi cab, transportation services, and with family members and volunteers (local residents who offer to transport people with disabilities in their private vehicles and/or escort them on public transportation.
- When necessary, the call center can order/coordinate transportation services.
- The program was established as a joint initiative of JDC-Israel, the Israeli government and the Ruderman Family Foundation, and it is operated by Yad Sarah.
Target audience and Prerequisites
- Adult residents of the South who are home-bound due to physical disabilities.
How to Receive This Service
- Tel: 1-599-566-466
- Fax: 1-532-6444-444
- Email: Galgaleydarom@yadsarah.org.il
- Galgaley Darom's Facebook page
- Information about Galgaley Darom on the Office for the Integration of People with Disabilities into the Workforce website
- Information about the project on the JDC-Israel website
- Information about the project on the Bizchut website
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.