Call center providing assistance for technology and computer accessibility
- Support and service call center adapted for blind and visually impaired people - .
- For additional information see Smartphone, Computer, and Electronic Device Service and Support Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
Information and counseling for the blind and visually impaired
- The service is provided by phone in 3 languages: Hebrew, Arabic and English at .
For additional information on the centers see the Information and Advising Stations for the Blind and Visually Impaired page.
Information for people who use seeing eye dogs
- Information for people using seeing eye dogs can be obtained by calling:
Selling assistive devices to the blind and visually impaired
- Assistive devices for the blind and visually impaired store:
- Devices can be ordered on the phone:
- Devices can be ordered online on the Center for the Blind in Israel website or by email: email@example.com
- For additional information see Assistance Purchasing Assistive Devices for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Rehabilitation training for certificate of blindness holders
- Rehabilitation training for certificate of blindness holders, to provide skills for independent and safe functioning.
- During this period, the training operates in the following areas:
- Urgent matters
- Instruction on issues related to the use of technology and communication aids.
- Please contact your local Welfare Department branch.
Payments and allowances
- The blind and visually impaired allowance is given normally to those who are eligible. For additional information see Allowance for the Blind/Visually Impaired.
- The guide dog allowance is given normally to those eligible. For additional information see Guide Dog Allowance.
Additional Help Centers
- Families and individuals that need assistance can call their local social services department or their municipal hotline at 106.
|Government Agencies||Call Center||Expedited Services|
|Commission for Equal Rights of Persons with Disabilities||Contact form |
|The National Insurance Institute||National hotline [tel:*6050 *6050 ]||General questions form|
|The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services (Guidance for Citizens)||118|
|The Population and Immigration Authority||National Information and Service hotline [tel:*3450 *3450 ]||Online contact form for issues related to employment of foreign workers during the coronavirus outbreak|
|The Ministry of Health||Kol HaBriut call center |
|Home Front Command||Civil Emergency Hotline (non-medical) 104|
- Click here for a general list of government agencies that provide assistance during the coronavirus period
Organizations and Additional Authorities
- For a general list of organizations providing assistance during the coronavirus crisis
- Click here for a complete list of organizations that assist children and adults with disabilities
- Click here for a list of social services assisting people with disabilities cope with the coronavirus crisis period (on the Guidestar website)
- The information on this page was written with the assistance of the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services.
- This page is translated and maintained by the Shira Pransky project