This page gives important information from the Ministry of Labor and Social Services for deaf and hearing impaired people during the coronavirus crisis
For additional information see the deaf and hearing impaired page on the Ministry of Labor and Social Services website
Communication allowance for the deaf and hearing impaired
- The communication allowance will continue being paid as usual during the coronavirus crisis.
- For additional information about the communication allowance on the Communication Services Allowance for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired page.
Translation and transcription services
Translation services provided by Shmaya
- Translation to sign language and transcription services are provided for urgent matters, in accordance with the Ministry of Health regulations.
- You can contact Shmaya - the service providing organization:
- For additional information see Interpreting Services for the Hearing Impaired
Call center for remote translation to sign language
- The Ministry of Welfare, Shema and Tikshoov operate a communications center providing remote sign language translation services.
- How to receive the service:
- Download the "remote translation" app which needs a username and password.
- Video call to receive a username and password.
- Alternatively (or if the line is busy) you can send a recorded sign language message, or a written whatapp or SMS and the center will return your call.
- The hours of operation: Sunday-Thursday 9:00-17:00 and Fridays 8:00-12:00.
- On Passover the call center will be close on the holiday eves and open from 8:00-12:00 on the intermediate days (Chol Hamoed).
- The service will be available free of charge and without the need for advance registration until 01.05.2020.
Legal assistance for issues relating to domestic violence
- In cases of domestic violence you can contact the Justice Ministry's legal aid department.
- If your eligibility is approved you will be assigned a lawyer to represent you in court within a short period of time.
- If there is a need the lawyer will contact a translator via video call in order to provide sign language translation during the hearing.
- For additional information see the Justice Ministry's website.
- Families and individuals that need assistance can call their local social services department or their municipal hotline at 106.
|Government Agencies||Call Center||Expedited Services|
|Commission for Equal Rights of Persons with Disabilities||Contact form |
|The National Insurance Institute||National hotline [tel:*6050 *6050 ]||General questions form|
|The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services (Guidance for Citizens)||118|
|The Population and Immigration Authority||National Information and Service hotline [tel:*3450 *3450 ]||Online contact form for issues related to employment of foreign workers during the coronavirus outbreak|
|The Ministry of Health||Kol HaBriut call center |
|Home Front Command||Civil Emergency Hotline (non-medical) 104|
- Click here for a general list of government agencies that provide assistance during the coronavirus period
Organizations and Additional Authorities
- For a general list of organizations providing assistance during the coronavirus crisis
- Click here for a complete list of organizations that assist children and adults with disabilities
- Click here for a list of social services assisting people with disabilities cope with the coronavirus crisis period (on the Guidestar website)
- The information on this page was written with the assistance of the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services.
- This page is translated and maintained by the Shira Pransky project