The health plans provide funding towards hearing devices for adults ages 18-65 who need a hearing aid.
- Policyholders between age 18-50 are entitled to a rebate of up to 3,704 NIS for each hearing device for each ear, once every 3.5 years.
- Policyholders age 50 -65 are entitled to a rebated of up to 1,086 NIS for each hearing device for each ear, once a year.
- Policyholders with supplementary health insurance may be entitled to additional funding for the devices.
Who is Eligible?
- Health plan policyholders between 18 and 65 years old who have undergone an examination at a hearing facility where it was determined that they require a hearing device.
- For health plan policyholders ages 65 and older, the funding is provided in a different manner. For more information, see Assistance Funding Hearing Devices for People Age 65 and Older.
- Children up until age 18, are entitled to assistance from the Ministry of Health, For more information see Assistance Funding Hearing Devices for Children.
How to Claim It?
- Each of the Health Funds reached (individual) arrangements with certain hearing institutes and hearing device importers.
- Policyholders between ages 50-65 are entitled to purchase a hearing device from a vendor that has an arrangement with the health fund or from a private vendor and receive reimbursement from the health fund (the health funds are required to allow the reimbursement option to this population for hearing devices purchased privately).
- Policyholders between ages 18 and 50 are entitled to purchase hearing devices from vendors who have arrangements with the health fund and will receive a refund. Those wishing to purchase hearing devices privately and not in a place that has an arrangement with the health fund, must verify before the purchase of the device if the health fund has a reimbursement option for a private purchase (the health funds are permitted, but not obligated, to allow this population a reimbursement option for a private purchase).
Contacting your Health Fund
- Applicants should contact their health plan for information about receiving the funding:
|Health Plan||Customer Service Center||Information on the Health Plan Website|
|Meuchedet||1-222-3833||Instructions regarding hearing device fittings and purchases|
|Maccabi||3555*||Hearing Devices for Adults|
- It is important to ensure that adjustments to the device are performed by a qualified therapist, with a degree and license from the Ministry of Health.
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of aid organizations offering assistance and support for those with hearing impairment, see: People with Disabilities/Aid Organizations.
Laws and Regulations
- The National Health Insurance Law
- Health Director Circular no. 1/2017 from 12.01.2017 - Expansion of the Healthcare Basket for 2017
- This page was written with the assistance of Bekol.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.