The Blind Services Department subsidizes optical, electronic and mechanical assistive devices that help improve the functioning of the blind and visually impaired.
- The Center for the Blind in Israel sells the subsidized devices.
Who is Eligible?
- The blind and visually impaired.
How to Claim It?
- Assistive devices maybe be purchased by contacting The Center for the Blind in Israel’s assistive products department directly and presenting a Certificate of Blindness/Visual Impairment.
- Products may be purchased with a credit card and shipped to the customer's home by calling 03-7915532.
- Click here to see the catalog of products on the Center for the Blind in Israel's website
- Customers may also buy products listed in Provision 6.7 of the Social Work Regulations anywhere else and submit a request for reimbursement. Reimbursements are given according to the guidelines established by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services in the Social Work Regulations.
- The reimbursement request form, along with the original tax receipt and a copy of the applicant's identification card (teudat zehut) and certificate of blindness/visual impairment should be sent to:
- Rina Kaztani
- Center for the Blind
- 10 David Hachami Road
- Tel Aviv
- The sales center offers a mobile service which can be ordered in advance, and which brings the devices to centers for the blind in Haifa, Jerusalem, Beer Sheva and Nahariya.
- The mobile service may be coordinated in advance by contacting the assistive products department.
- Click here for more information about the mobile service and a schedule of upcoming visits.
- Subsidies for the purchase of special adapted computer equipment for require subsidies committee approval.
- A Request Form for Subsidized Purchase of Computer Equipment must be submitted. Information regarding the type of equipment and eligibility to receive a subsidy appear on the form.
Laws and Regulations
- Provision 6.7 of the Social Work Regulations: Assistance Purchasing Assistive Devices for the Blind
- Appendix to Provision 6.7: List of Assistive Devices and Subsidization Conditions
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.