The blind and visually impaired are entitled to receive assistance towards purchasing a house (mortgage), according to criteria determined by The Ministry of Construction and Housing.
- The amount of the mortgage is calculated in accordance with a scoring system (the higher the cumulative score, the higher the mortgage amount). Those holding a Certificate of Blindness/Visual Impairment are entitled to additional points.
- For more information, see: Receiving a Mortgage for those Eligible.
Who is Eligible?
- Those with a Certificate of Blindness/Visual Impairment belonging to an eligible population detailed in the Mortgage portal.
How to Claim It?
- A request form, required to receive assistance, can be obtained from the Blind Services Department on 39 Yirmyahu st, Migdali HaBira,Jerusalem.
- Applicants must directly contact a mortgage bank branch and register.
- For more information, see: Obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility for Assistance Purchasing Housing.
- The Ministry of Construction and Housing
- Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services)
- See also Housing Relief for the Blind on the Ministry of Health's "Kol Ha'Briut" website.
Laws and Regulations
- Residential Purchase Loans Law
- Bank of Israel's Guidelines for Housing Loans
- Bank of Israel's Limitations for Housing Loans
- Sale Law. (Apartments) (Assurance of Investments of. Persons Acquiring Apartments) - 1974
- The Execution Law
- Procedure no. 08/01 dated 01.06.1999 - Eligibility for Housing Assistance for the Homeless
- Procedure no. 08/29 dated 10.08.2003 - Dealing with those who have difficulty paying back a mortgage.
- The Ministry of Treasure and the Ministry of Construction and Housing Procedure, dated 15.05.2005 - Canceling Targeted Assistance (Mortgage)
- Tips on taking a mortgage on the "My Treasury" website.
- Assistance guide for those who have difficulty paying their mortgage - YEDID
- Information on a reverse mortgage on the REUTH-ESHEL website.(REUTH - ESHEL Family Care information in English)
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.