Employees or students who are blind or visually impaired are eligible for financial assistance towards the purchase of a computer work station.
- Assistance is provided according to the recommendation of the Institute for Rehabilitative Technology, in order to enable a blind/visually impaired employee or student to work and/or study with the assistance of special computer equipment or any other means of magnification.
Who is Eligible?
How to Claim It?
- Contact the senior blind placement coordinator in the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services district office.
- In cases where the equipment is intended for learning purposes, it may be purchased through the National Insurance Institute, as part of the professional rehabilitation program.
- In cases where the equipment is intended for work purposes, it may be purchased through the Rehabilitative Technology Institute.
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.