Batei Talmid are special regional educational-rehabilitative frameworks for blind and visually impaired students that are operated in cooperation with the Ministry of Education.
- The main goal of Batei Talmid is to make learning and rehabilitation systems accessible for the students, to strengthen their functional skills, to enhance their independence and give them social support within their group of peers.
List of Batei Talmid
- Haifa – MARSHAL, HaGefen St. 32, Haifa
- Haifa – Ir HaCarmel
- Megiddo - “Omarim” Megiddo Regional Council School
- Umm al-Fahm - MARSHAL Umm al-Fahm
- Shfaram – MARSHAL Shfaram
- Nazareth – The AlManarah Organization
Tel Aviv Region
- Ramat Gan – MARSHAL Ramat Gan
- Tel Aviv - The Gordon School
- Petah Tikva – The Amishav Community Center
- Rechovot – Beit Miriam
- Taybeh – Beit Tapuach Pais
- Netanya – The Uziel School
- Jerusalem - The Institute for the Blind
- Jerusalem - East Jerusalem
- Ashdod – MARSHAL Ashdod
- Segev Shalom – The Ricuzi School
- Beer Sheva – Moadon L’Ever
Who is Eligible?
- Blind and visually impaired students
How to Claim It?
- Those who are interested in claiming this right should contact:
- the social services office closest to their place of residence
- Ministry of Education Support Teacher for Blind and Visually Impaired Students.
- The service is operated in conjunction with the National Supervisor of Education for Blind and Visually Impaired Students.
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.