Those with a certificate of disability who use a personal scooter are entitled to board the train with it.
- It is recommended to coordinate with the Israel Railways call center in advance.
Who is Eligible?
- Certificate of Disability holders who use a scooter for mobility purposes due to their disability.
- Scooters brought on a train must be for individuals (70 X 120 cm) and have three wheels only.
How to Claim It?
- Entrance to the train station with a scooter is conditional on presentation of a Certificate of Disability to an Israel Railways employee.
- It is recommended to coordinate with Israel Railways in advance by contacting the call center (*5770); in urgent situations, travelers may call: 03-6117020.
- The advance coordination is intended to allow for assistance boarding and exiting an accessible train car using a special ramp.
- For traveling, it is important to verify accessibility information for the desired station and train:
- Israel Railways' English website - Information regarding station accessibility appears on each station's page.
- Times tables printout - Accessible stations are marked with the International Symbol of Access (ISA), a person in a wheelchair, between the name of the station in Hebrew and the name of the station in English. Accessible trains are marked with the ISA at the top of the page above the train number.
- Israel Railways' national call and customer service center: *5770
Laws and Regulations
- The Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Law – Section 5 (Public Transportation Services)
- Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Regulations (Public Transportation Services Accessibility Arrangement), 5763-2003 (on the Nevo website)
- Information in English about taking scooters on trains from the Israel Railways website
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.