Expectant mothers are entitled to choose the hospital in which they would like to give birth, regardless of their place of residence.
Who is Eligible?
- All expectant mothers
How to Claim It?
- Women in labor must simply go to the hospital they have chosen in which to give birth. Hospitals in Jerusalem recommend that women register in advance.
- Some births must be scheduled in advance (such as a scheduled Caesarean section).
- For women entitled to a maternity grant, the National Insurance Institute pays the hospital directly for the hospitalization costs of birth.
- Every hospital has different procedures for issues related to birth (such as: the number of midwives per delivery room; the presence of others in the delivery room; options for natural birth; visiting hours after childbirth; etc.).
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support, click here.
- Original information provided by the IMA.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.