Expectant mothers are entitled to choose the hospital in which they would like to give birth, regardless of their place of residence
Expectant mothers are entitled to choose the hospital in which they would like to give birth, regardless of their place of residence.
Who is Eligible?
- All expectant mothers
How to Claim It?
- Women in labor must simply go to the hospital they have chosen in which to give birth. Hospitals in Jerusalem recommend that women register in advance.
- Some births must be scheduled in advance (such as a scheduled Caesarean section).
- For women entitled to a maternity grant, the National Insurance Institute pays the hospital directly for the hospitalization costs of birth.
- Every hospital has different procedures for issues related to birth (such as: the number of midwives per delivery room; the presence of others in the delivery room; options for natural birth; visiting hours after childbirth; etc.).
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support, click here.
- Original information provided by the IMA.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.