The Israel Cancer Association maintains a database containing a list of clinical studies being conducted around the country related to cancer and cancer-related diseases, cancer prevention treatments, and smoking.
- The Israel Cancer Association collects the information from hospital oncology departments throughout the country, as well as Ministry of Health clinical research offices.
- The database is divided according to different common types of cancer.
- The medical centers where the studies are being conducted.
Target audience and prerequisites
- Cancer patients and healthy individuals considered to be in high-risk groups who want to participate in clinical research.
How to receive this service
- Coordination is done directly with the research manager, according to the research topic and medical center where it is being performed.
- Please see this list of research projects, by topic on the Israel Cancer Association website. Each of the studies listed includes details about the research and a contact person.
- Participation in the research is not dependent on the participant's health plan or medical center where he/she is treated.
- You can get more information about the database by calling the Israel Cancer Association information center: 03-5721608.
- Patients do not pay to participate in clinical research.
- Clinical research conducted by pharmaceutical companies is funded by those companies. When research is conducted by physicians or scientists, funding comes from various sources (universities, research foundations or international/Israeli research organizations, the Israel Cancer Association, etc).
- Is it worthwhile to participate in clinical research? This is a question that only the patient, and those close to him/her, can answer. Participating in a clinical study may work for some patients. The decision to receive treatment as part of a clinical trial has advantages and disadvantages that should be carefully considered in conjunction with the relevant treatment team.
- The Israel Cancer Association website: Detailed and updated listing of clinical studies
- Original information is based on the Israel Cancer Association website.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.