The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services, the Ministry of Health, and Eshel provide dental care services for senior citizens. The dental care is provided in public and community clinics, clinics run by non-profit organizations, and clinics that have been established in elderly day care facilities.
- Priority for the services is given according to the senior's financial situation and in accordance with Social Work Regulations.
- The prices in these clinics are determined according to the Ministry of Health's controlled price listing for dental care for seniors, which is updated from time to time.
- Beginning 01.02.2019, senior citizens above age 75 are eligible to dental care services in the kupat cholim as part of the healthcare basket.
- For more information see Dental Care Services for Senior Citizens as part of the Healthcare Basket
Who is Eligible?
- Senior Citizens (someone who has reached retirement age who are referred for dental care by a social services office social worker.
How to Claim It?
- Senior citizens requiring dental care who would like to receive the care through one of these clinics should contact a social worker at the social services office in their place of residence.
- If the social worker determines that the senior citizen meets the criteria to receive this service, the patient will be referred to a clinic so that a treatment plan and price quote may be given.
- According to this price quote, a social services office eligibility worker will determine the co-payment to be required of the patient, and take care of payment details.
- The patient will then be referred back to the clinic with the social services approval and treatment may begin.
- In areas that do not have such a clinic, patients will be referred for treatment in a private clinic, and the assistance provided from the social services office will be given according to the patient's eligibility, with the paid prices being according to the Ministry of Health's controlled price listing for dental care for the needy.
- For a listing of dental clinics on the JDC Israel - Eshel website (you can also search "dental clinics" according to city/region)
- Community dental clinics in Beer Sheva
- Community dental clinics in Lod (For the elderly, mentally frail and holocaust survivors)
- Ramla city dental clinics
- Mobile Dental Care - The Oral Health Association - A mobile clinic and subsidized prices for disabled and confined people.
- Yad Eliezer - Subsidized dental clinics in Tzfat and Tiberias
- Yad Sarah Mobile dental clinic for seniors and the confined ill.
- Lotus Dental Clinics - Subsidized dental treatments for welfare patients throughout the country
- Keren Ted Erison Funding complex dental care to people with disabilities and seniors.
- Lev Chash - Subsidized dental care in Haifa and Kiryat Ata
- Dental Volunteers for Israel (DVI) - Dental treatment in Jerusalem for children and adolescents cared for by welfare.
- Click here for a full list of government agencies responsible for issues related to old age and aging
- Main government agencies:
|Government Agency||Website||Rights and Areas of Responsibility|
|*8840 Ministry for Social Equality - Hotline for Public Inquiries||Ministry for Social Equality website||The *8840 hotline run by the Ministry for Social Equality gives the elderly a central address to direct all of their questions, provide information regarding rights, services and benefits entitled to the elderly. It also helps them actualize these rights.|
|*6050 hotlines - The National Insurance Institute||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Rights to various allowances given based on age and economic situation.|
|*9696 hotline - The National Insurance Institute's Call Center for Senior Citizen Counseling Services||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Free aid provided through counseling services for senior citizens and the call center|
| The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services
||Senior Citizens on the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services website||Funding of Nursing Homes for independent and frail seniors. Various services are also provided within the community.|
|The Ministry of Health||Senior Health on the Ministry of Health website.||Health Insurance and assistance for those suffering from age related health problems.|
|*5442 The Ministry of Housing and Construction Call Center||The Ministry of Construction and Housing website||Housing Assistance and Problem Solving for Senior Citizens|
|Equal Employment Opportunities Commission- 02-6662701||Equal Employment Opportunities Commission website]||The commission responsible for enforcing equality in the workplace and for handling cases of prohibited discrimination.|
|The Population and Immigration Authority - *3450||Population and Immigration Authority website||Treatment of foreign workers, responsible for giving permits for the employment of foreign workers, managing the financial deposits that employers of foreign workers are required to deposit, oversight of the entrance and exit of foreign workers into Israel, issuing a death certificate, and updating the Population authority.|
Laws and Regulations
- Regulation 4.4 of the Social Work Regulations - treatment of senior citizens in their homes and communities
- Original content provided by the IMA.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.