Diabetics being treated for diabetes with insulin or other medications are considered to be chronically ill and are thus entitled to various benefits from the health plans and other medical services. Due to the fact that each health plan has different policies, it always recommended to clarify all relevant rights and entitlements with your health plan.
For specific information on medications and medical equipment provided to diabetics, visit the Ministry of Health's "Health Voice" website (in Hebrew).
For more information on juvenile diabetes, see: Juvenile Diabetes.
Medications and the Healthcare System
- Insulin Pumps for Diabetics
- Personal medical equipment for diabetics
- Medication Payment Ceiling for the Chronically Ill
- Health Plan Fee Exemptions for Disability Pension Recipients
- Assistance Purchasing Walking Devices
- Provision of Medications in an Educational Institution
- Information regarding Medications and Medical Equipment for Diabetics on the Kol Habriut website
- Emotional Support for the Sick and Disabled by the Health Fund
- Social Services within the Healthcare System
Driving and Mobility
Military and National-Civil Service
- The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in Israel
- Israel Diabetes Association
- Jordan River Village - Free vacation for children with chronic illness
- Tene Briut - Prevention, detection and treatment of chronic diseases for those who left Ethiopia
- Ezer Mizion - Assistance and support for juvenile diabetes among the religious population
- For the full list of organizations that assist in the area of health click here.
- The Ministry of Health
- The National Insurance Institute
- The Ministry of Education
- The Ministry of Defense
- The Ministry of Transportation
- The Equal Employment Opportunities Ombudsman
Laws and Regulations
- The Equal Employment Opportunities Law
- The National Insurance Law
- The National Health Insurance Law
- The Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Law
- Ministry of Education Circular 5768/8(a) from 01.04.2008 - Life in the Educational Institutions: Students with Juvenile Diabetes
- Rights for Elderly Diabetics from the National Insurance Institute
- Guide for type 1 diabetics volunteering for the IDF
- The Israel Diabetes Association: What is diabetes?
- The Society for Patients Rights in Israel: Diabetes
- Information from the diabetes community on the Camoni website about medical aides for children in regular nursery school
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.