The health plans have an established quarterly Per Family Health Plan Payment Ceiling.
- In their first year in Israel, the family of a new immigrant is entitled to a 50% reduction of this quarterly payment ceiling.
List of Services
- Secondary Doctors: Specialty doctors, including psychiatrists that are not primary care doctors (see below) as well as dietitians and podiatrists.
- Primary doctors are general doctors (that are not specialists) and specialty doctors in family medicine, internal medicine, gynecology and pediatrics. There are no co-payments for visits to primary care doctors.
- Out-patient Clinics: Clinics run in the framework of general hospitals (including mental health clinics in general hospitals).
- Imaging institutes: x-rays, ultrasounds, nuclear medicine, CT, echocardiograms, MRI.
- Diagnostic institutes: EEG, EMG, audiometry, ergometry
- Institute for gastroenterology and the institute for sleeping problems
- For a list of medical services see the Ministry of Health website.
Who is Eligible?
- New immigrants in their first year of being in Israel, and their families.
How to Claim It?
- The discount should be given automatically. When an entitled individual or family reaches the relevant quarterly payment ceiling, the system should recognize this and not require co-payments for further services that quarter.
Laws and Regulations
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.