Seniors receiving an Old Age Disability Pension are entitled to a 50% discount from Bezeq on the fixed fees of their telephone line in their home, on the condition that the line is registered in their name.
Who is Eligible?
- Old Age Disability Pension recipients who have a home telephone line registered in their name.
How to Claim It?
- The discount should be given automatically. Every month, a list of those who are eligible is sent to Bezeq from The National Insurance Institute.
- Click here for a full list of government agencies responsible for issues related to old age and aging
- Main government agencies:
|Government Agency||Website||Rights and Areas of Responsibility|
|*8840 Ministry for Social Equality - Hotline for Public Inquiries||Ministry for Social Equality website||The *8840 hotline run by the Ministry for Social Equality gives the elderly a central address to direct all of their questions, provide information regarding rights, services and benefits entitled to the elderly. It also helps them actualize these rights.|
|*6050 hotlines - The National Insurance Institute||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Rights to various allowances given based on age and economic situation.|
|*9696 hotline - The National Insurance Institute's Call Center for Senior Citizen Counseling Services||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Free aid provided through counseling services for senior citizens and the call center|
| The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services
||Senior Citizens on the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services website||Funding of Nursing Homes for independent and frail seniors. Various services are also provided within the community.|
|The Ministry of Health||Senior Health on the Ministry of Health website.||Health Insurance and assistance for those suffering from age related health problems.|
|*5442 The Ministry of Housing and Construction Call Center||The Ministry of Construction and Housing website||Housing Assistance and Problem Solving for Senior Citizens|
|Equal Employment Opportunities Commission- 02-6662701||Equal Employment Opportunities Commission website]||The commission responsible for enforcing equality in the workplace and for handling cases of prohibited discrimination.|
|The Population and Immigration Authority - *3450||Population and Immigration Authority website||Treatment of foreign workers, responsible for giving permits for the employment of foreign workers, managing the financial deposits that employers of foreign workers are required to deposit, oversight of the entrance and exit of foreign workers into Israel, issuing a death certificate, and updating the Population authority.|
Laws and Regulations
- The National Insurance Law
- The Senior Citizens Law
- The Senior Citizens Regulations (Benefits for Senior Citizen Old Age Disability Pension Recipients)
- The Communications Regulations (Bezeq and Broadcasts) (Payments for Bezeq Services), 5767-2007
- Bezeq website: Fixed reduced payment for those eligible to receive an income supplement (on 28.11.2011, it was approved to provide Old Age Disability Pension recipients with an identical discount to that given to those receiving an Old Age Pension with income supplement).-->
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.