According to The National Health Insurance Law, children up to age 18 are entitled to have a full ADHD evaluation based on the criteria established by the Ministry of Health.
- In general, the evaluation performed in the Kupat Cholim as part of The Healthcare Basket is aimed towards creating a multi-disciplinary treatment plan for the child's development and not for figure out how the child adjusts into an educational framework.
- Evaluations for the purpose of educational framework placements are done by the Kupot Cholim for children age 3-6 according to an agreement with the Ministry of Education (this is not included in The Healthcare Basket services).
- For more information on this right see: Developmental Medical Diagnosis for Children (Child Development Services).
- For information regarding evaluations given through supplemental health insurance policies (above what is covered by the basic Healthcare Basket) see the Ministry of Health website.
- Public Information Packet - health insurance and health services for populations with special status - on the Ministry of Health website.
English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.