Old Age Disability Pension recipients are entitled to an exemption from paying for various healthcare services
For a full listing of the discounts and exemptions, see the Ministry of Health's English website
Old Age Disability Pension recipients are entitled to an exemption from paying for a variety of medical services provided by their health fund.
List of Services
- Secondary Doctors: Specialty doctors, including psychiatrists that are not primary care doctors (see below) as well as dietitians and podiatrists.
- Primary doctors are general doctors (that are not specialists) and specialty doctors in family medicine, internal medicine, gynecology and pediatrics. There are no co-payments for visits to primary care doctors.
- Out-patient Clinics: Clinics run in the framework of general hospitals (including mental health clinics in general hospitals).
- Imaging institutes: x-rays, ultrasounds, nuclear medicine, CT, echocardiograms, MRI.
- Diagnostic institutes: EEG, EMG, audiometry, ergometry
- Institute for gastroenterology and the institute for sleeping problems
- For a list of medical services see the Ministry of Health website.
- They are also entitled to discounts on the purchase of medications included in the healthcare basket.
Who is Eligible?
How to Claim It?
- Exemption from paying for the specific services should be granted automatically in accordance with the records provided to the health plans from the National Insurance Institute.
- For information and clarifications regarding National Insurance Institute records and benefits, call 02-6462000 on Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 13:00.
- The Ministry for Social Equality (Senior Citizens)
- The National Insurance Institute
- The Ministry of Health
Laws and Regulations
- The National Insurance Law
- The National Health Insurance Law
- The Senior Citizens Law
- The Senior Citizens Regulations (Benefits for Senior Citizen Old Age Disability Pension Recipients)
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.