General Disability Pension recipients are exempt from paying co-payments for various medical services in their kupat cholim. The services that have exemptions may vary between the different Kupot Cholim.
List of Services
- Secondary Doctors: Specialty doctors, including psychiatrists that are not primary care doctors (see below) as well as dietitians and podiatrists.
- Primary doctors are general doctors (that are not specialists) and specialty doctors in family medicine, internal medicine, gynecology and pediatrics. There are no co-payments for visits to primary care doctors.
- Out-patient Clinics: Clinics run in the framework of general hospitals (including mental health clinics in general hospitals).
- Imaging institutes: x-rays, ultrasounds, nuclear medicine, CT, echocardiograms, MRI.
- Diagnostic institutes: EEG, EMG, audiometry, ergometry
- Institute for gastroenterology and the institute for sleeping problems
- For a list of medical services see the Ministry of Health website.
Who is Eligible?
How to Claim It?
- The exemption is given automatically according to the records provided to the health plans by the National Insurance Institute.
- For inquiries, contact the National Insurance Institute's Registration and Allocation Office, Sunday - Thursday 9am - 1pm: 02-6462000.
Laws and Regulations
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.