Hebrew source: השתתפות קופות החולים ברכישת פאות לחולי סרטן
From All Rights (Kol-Zchut) (www.kolzchut.org.il)
- Health plans provide financial assistance for purchasing wigs for oncology patients whose hair has fallen out as the result of their treatments.
- In order to receive a reimbursement for the purchase of a wig, you must keep the receipt and present relevant medical documentation from the treating oncological facility.
- The maximum reimbursement is updated periodically and varies between health plans and types of insurance:
Clalit Health Services
- For regular insurance policy holders - Reimbursement of 33% of the actual cost, and no more than the plan's defined maximum payment. Eligibility once per year and a tax invoice/receipt in the patient's name must be presented.
- For "Clalit Mushlam" policy holders - Reimbursement of up to 85% of the cost and no more than 1331 NIS. Eligibility once per year. The wig must be bought privately .
- The patient must present medical approval, a form from the health plan, and a tax invoice/receipt in the patient's name.
- For further information see the Clalit Health Services Website
Maccabi Health Services
- For "Magen Kesef" policy holders - Reimbursement up to 33% of the cost and no more than 567 NIS once per year.
- For "Magen Zahav" policy holders - Reimbursement of up to 83% of the cost and no more than 1,426 NIS once per year.
- For further information see the Maccabi Health Services Website
Leumit Health Plan
- Reimbursement of 33% of the cost up to a maximum of 233 NIS.
- For “Leumit Kesef” policy holders - Reimbursement of 80% of the cost and no more than 301 NIS once per year.
- For “Leumit Zahav” policy holders - Reimbursement of 80% of the cost and no more than 1148 NIS once per year.
Meuhedet Health Plan
- For "Adif" and "Si" policy holders - Reimbursement of 50% of the cost and no more than 1442 NIS.
- You need a payment voucher (hitchayvut) from the treating medical facility before claiming this benefit.
- The patient must pay the deductible directly to the supplier. No reimbursement will be given beyond the sum of the payment voucher.
- Patients who wish to purchase a wig from another supplier will be entitled to a reimbursement according to the terms of their additional health services plan (Shaban).
- Some hospitals offer wig services, but you should check and compare prices with different suppliers, as with any purchase.
- Hospital social workers can help with the process, especially for those having financial difficulties.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.