The healthcare services basket includes hearing tests through the policyholder's health plan.
Health plan hearing tests are performed at a facility with which the health plan has an agreement.
Who is Eligible?
- All health plan policyholders are entitled to undergo hearing tests according to medical necessity.
- Children are entitled to hearing tests without a co-payment.
- Adults are entitled to hearing tests with a co-payment ranging between 22-26 NIS per test.
- The Leumit Health Fund limits hearing tests for policyholders to four tests per year, though additional tests may be performed with the approval of a medical specialist.
- Leumit policyholders who undergo a hearing test at a service provider with whom the health plan does not have an agreement are entitled to a 61 NIS reimbursement per test.
Laws and Regulations
- Original information based on the Healthcare Rights Booklet for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired published by the Mazor Clinical Center - Providing Legal Advice Regarding Patients Rights in Israel.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.