A family heating grant is paid to Old Age Disability Pension recipients living in areas that are classified as cold areas.
- The grant is worth 553 NIS and is also applicable through 2017.
- For details on the amount of the grant in previous years see the National Insurance Institute website
Who is Eligible?
- Recipients of the Old Age Disability Pension who live at least two months of the year in an area considered to be "cold", according to this list.
- One who lived before November 2013 in a settlement on the list of communities eligible for the benefit, and as of that date the settlement is longer on the eligibility list is entitled to continue receiving the heating grant, as long as they continue to reside in the same place. A list of settlements previously included in the heating grant before 2013 can be found here:
How to Claim It?
- The grant is automatically paid with October’s Old Age Disability Pension.
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that help seniors
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that aid with the National Insurance
- Click here for a full list of government agencies responsible for issues related to old age and aging
- Main government agencies:
|Government Agency||Website||Rights and Areas of Responsibility|
|*8840 Ministry for Social Equality - Hotline for Public Inquiries||Ministry for Social Equality website||The *8840 hotline run by the Ministry for Social Equality gives the elderly a central address to direct all of their questions, provide information regarding rights, services and benefits entitled to the elderly. It also helps them actualize these rights.|
|*6050 hotlines - The National Insurance Institute||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Rights to various allowances given based on age and economic situation.|
|*9696 hotline - The National Insurance Institute's Call Center for Senior Citizen Counseling Services||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Free aid provided through counseling services for senior citizens and the call center|
| The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services
||Senior Citizens on the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services website||Funding of Nursing Homes for independent and frail seniors. Various services are also provided within the community.|
|The Ministry of Health||Senior Health on the Ministry of Health website.||Health Insurance and assistance for those suffering from age related health problems.|
|*5442 The Ministry of Housing and Construction Call Center||The Ministry of Construction and Housing website||Housing Assistance and Problem Solving for Senior Citizens|
|Equal Employment Opportunities Commission- 02-6662701||Equal Employment Opportunities Commission website]||The commission responsible for enforcing equality in the workplace and for handling cases of prohibited discrimination.|
|The Population and Immigration Authority - *3450||Population and Immigration Authority website||Treatment of foreign workers, responsible for giving permits for the employment of foreign workers, managing the financial deposits that employers of foreign workers are required to deposit, oversight of the entrance and exit of foreign workers into Israel, issuing a death certificate, and updating the Population authority.|
Laws and Regulations
- The National Insurance Law
- Income Support Order (Cold Areas), 5765-2004
- The Senior Citizens Law
- The Senior Citizens Regulations (Benefits for Senior Citizen Old Age Disability Pension Recipients)
- National Insurance Pension Administration date 06.01.2014 Repaid order for cooler regions
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.